25 replies to this topic

#26 mpgxsvcd

mpgxsvcd

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Steve,

If you don't want to go with a real video setup there are some other interesting options camera wise. Similar pricing but for one of those cameras you will absolutely have to have a laptop/PC available.

Wait. Why? Why would you need a P.C. with a camera?

Travis,

Please read the comment again ... "real video" (and I didn't specify a camera). There wasn't any mention about the control of the camera.

If you have a USB connected camera you need a PC. If you have a camera with a real video output you don't ... very simple. Sure some mirror less and DSLR cameras have a real video output but you're usually not using the full capabilities of their larger sensors.

I you think one of the cheaper mirror less cameras makes sense that's fine. With earlier generation support circuitry and not very sensitive sensors I don't think they make a good choice. The latest higher end models would be a better choice ... but for the high prices.

The E-PM2 has the same sensor as the latest cameras and that is just about as good as it gets for a 4/3 inch sensor. I am surprised that you think $170 is expensive for this high quality sensor. This camera does not require any computer control at all.

Edited by mpgxsvcd, 25 August 2014 - 10:45 PM.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics