CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I'd like to hear your suggestions

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 mpgxsvcd

mpgxsvcd

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Steve,

If you don't want to go with a real video setup there are some other interesting options camera wise. Similar pricing but for one of those cameras you will absolutely have to have a laptop/PC available.

Wait. Why? Why would you need a P.C. with a camera?

Travis,

Please read the comment again ... "real video" (and I didn't specify a camera). There wasn't any mention about the control of the camera.

If you have a USB connected camera you need a PC. If you have a camera with a real video output you don't ... very simple. Sure some mirror less and DSLR cameras have a real video output but you're usually not using the full capabilities of their larger sensors.

I you think one of the cheaper mirror less cameras makes sense that's fine. With earlier generation support circuitry and not very sensitive sensors I don't think they make a good choice. The latest higher end models would be a better choice ... but for the high prices.

The E-PM2 has the same sensor as the latest cameras and that is just about as good as it gets for a 4/3 inch sensor. I am surprised that you think $170 is expensive for this high quality sensor. This camera does not require any computer control at all.

Edited by mpgxsvcd, 25 August 2014 - 10:45 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics