AVS - DSO-1 comparison with Mallincam Micro-EX

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Relativist

Relativist

Skylab

• Loc: OC, CA, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Al, thanks for the follow up. Wasn't able to catch the show. I've heard that people have been able to use a MC Micro-Ex for autoguiding. That said I suspect it has more to do with the particular frame grabber. Do you think you might give it a shot and see if it matters which camera is used?

#27 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Apollo

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Curtis-

Not sure I will get a chance as its supposed to be cloudy tonight.  If I get a break in the clouds I will try and see if PHD or Metaguide can work with either Micro of DSO, using one of my different frame grabbers.

Al

#28 Relativist

Relativist

Skylab

• Loc: OC, CA, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Al, thanks, look forward to the report and/or show. From what I've seen metaguide is the software reported to work. This would be very good for whichever camera works (likely both do) since I'm guessing it could also be used as a finder at the same time. If this does work then I would happily buy one of these cameras over a QHY5L. Right now I have a straight through finder ready to go, but if it doesn't come to focus I can always modify my Celestron Firstscope little dob OTA, in fact I'd prefer to be 100% reflectors. :dobsonian:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics