•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Crab M1 - registration perfect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: London UK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Never tried this before but I had a couple of brief exposures totalling 80s [50s+30s] on M1 but taken 22 days apart and combining them would boost the data ! 

The Lodestar had remained attached and unmoved on the scope [except for tweaking focus] for over 8 weeks and the merge of the two images below proved perfect - even for the central pulsar inset lower left. The horizontal lines top and bottom show the respective overlap to the two shots but obviously no rotation of the two fields.

I built my DIY obsy two decades ago to combat severe light pollution and protect the permanently aligned scope.  Being instantly ready-to-go is a huge bonus :)

Nytecam

Attached Thumbnails

• m1dn170102-24x50-30smg.jpg

Edited by nytecam, 17 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

• Starman27, Rickster, Susan H and 4 others like this

#2 quazy4quasars

quazy4quasars

Lift Off

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

Ever thought of doing any spectroscopy?  I am more of a visual-big dob-flee to the mountains  kind of astronomer myself, but have been feeling the pull of digital astroimaging for some time now.  I've enjoyed seeing your fine images on CN and when I went to check out CTA-102 on  Dec 29(UT) it looked very bright and your imaging captured that view really nicely.

The fact you are so near to London makes them that much more impressive.  Great work!

#3 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: London UK

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

Ever thought of doing any spectroscopy?

===============================​

Didn't see that coming - must check my links below :)

Regarding CTA-102 - checked last night and it sets at dusk so I'll awaits it's rising in the east at a sociable hour later in the year :)

Nytecam ​

#4 Rickster

Rickster

Vostok 1

• Loc: NC Kansas

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

I have wondered how well that would work.  Now I know.  Thanks for posting.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics