Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Kenny2004
Vendor - Icodome

Reged: 08/17/04
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: ADM Products? new [Re: BillBrowning]
      #3168410 - 06/17/09 06:46 PM

Anthony/ADM is great to do business with. You'll have no worries: great products and service.

--------------------
http://www.icodome.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Timo Kuhmonen

Reged: 08/16/07
Loc: Espoo, Finland
Re: ADM Products? new [Re: Kenny2004]
      #3171643 - 06/19/09 02:08 PM

One week ago I installed ADM Losmandy (EQG-SAD) saddle to HEQ-5. I did not yet had use it in the field. Quality of the products looks very fine. Only I needed to apply a small amount of additional lubricant to tightening knobs (now those have a better performance).

I was able to order customised versions also, DPA adapter plate without pre-drilled holes.

About DC8 rails, one attachment screw was too long for my C8 OTA. That problem was solved with metal spacers under screw....

--------------------
http://timokuhmonen.smugmug.com
http://tiku-astro.blogspot.com

DanB
No Capos Allowed

Reged: 12/05/07
Loc: Central Oregon High Desert
Re: ADM Products? new [Re: Timo Kuhmonen]
      #3172199 - 06/19/09 08:14 PM

One more word for Anthony.. I got interested in mounting my eq6 on a semi-permanent concrete pier and was looking for parts... I contacted ADM. I dont have a clue how he does it all but he is now going to build a prototype adapter so that I can easily adapt my eq6 to a pier. This guy must have oodles of emails like mine and he is still quick and knowledgeable and ready to adapt. I have full confidence that I'll get a part which is useful. Also got 2 dovetails last night late, already shipped today, now you cant beat that!
Dan

--------------------
AT8RC astrograph
AT80ED refractor
10" Meade f4.5 Newt
8" Meade f6 reflector
EQ6 Skywatcher/Synscan
EQMOD-CDC Concrete Pier
Meade DSI - 50mm Kwiqguider
CCD Labs QHY8 OSC
Nebulosity 2
PHD guiding
http://astrobin.com/users/D_Bertucci/

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual".
- Galileo Galile -

Doug Reilly
professor emeritus

Reged: 07/29/08
Re: ADM Products? new [Re: DanB]
      #3172210 - 06/19/09 08:22 PM

Anthony is a great guy, good businessman and a very solid machinist. I've used quite of a few of his excellent dovetails and saddles. We're talking about a guy who basically machined his own Losmandy G-11 "clone" to see how it worked. Anthony also spent quite a bit of time with me at Cherry Springs last year, helping me figure out how to polar align a Takahashi mount. I won't forget that kindness!

--------------------
I blog about astronomy outreach at www.punkastronomy.com

varmint
I invite more abuse

Reged: 02/10/07
Loc: Pacifica, CA, USA
Re: ADM Products? new [Re: DanB]
      #3172220 - 06/19/09 08:30 PM

Quote:

One more word for Anthony.. I got interested in mounting my eq6 on a semi-permanent concrete pier and was looking for parts... I contacted ADM. I dont have a clue how he does it all but he is now going to build a prototype adapter so that I can easily adapt my eq6 to a pier. This guy must have oodles of emails like mine and he is still quick and knowledgeable and ready to adapt. I have full confidence that I'll get a part which is useful. Also got 2 dovetails last night late, already shipped today, now you cant beat that!
Dan

I have had nothing but excellent service with Anthony, and I've asked him for some "semi-custom" stuff as well (mainly configuration tweaks of multiple products he already sells), but have noticed he's willing to work with you on almost any mounting or machined hardware problem you have that is Astro-related, and he's very good about letting you know if he's swamped or how long these "custom" jobs might be.

Of course now that I've said that I fear he's going to become too swamped now to finish up his next project for me.

--------------------
Clear Skies,
Jim
--
"Do, or do not. There is no try."-Jedi Master Yoda

Scopes: C925, 80ED, NP127is (w/ADM acc.)
EPs: Naglers: 31, 22, 17, 9, 3.5 Panís: 15
Misc: Telrad, 2x&4x Powermate, Sol/OIII/UHC/Var Pol. Filters
Imaging Gear: AP900, ST2000XM, SPC900NC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Charlie Hein, lineman_16735 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1305

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics