Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1
JayinUT
I'm not Sleepy

Reged: 09/19/08
Loc: Utah
Advice for a Sketch Tonight May 9th 2009 new
      #3094441 - 05/09/09 12:42 PM

Okay, this will sound corney and I do have something really nice planned for my wife for mother's day, but I had another idea come to me. Besides brunch tomorrow and a day at the spa, I had pictures taken of me and our two kids as a gift. Instead of "buying" a star, I thought I would observe a double tonight where I can see not only the double, but two other smaller stars in the field of view making four stars in total. The double will represent my wife and I and the two smaller stars our two teenage children. I would then put the digital version in the bottom of the frame I bought this a.m. with the one of the two tweens and I in the top part of the frame.

So, that is my idea and I am looking for suggestions on what double might be the best? I have a couple in mind but would really like input from those who may have more experience. And contrast is good as my wife and I are very different though we have much in common. I just feel gifts like this that come from creativity and from something I love to her in love are the best. So your input is welcome.

--------------------
Thanks,

Jay

My Observing Blog

My Sketches

Scopes: XT10, 14" Dobstuff Strut w/Zambuto,
EPs: Pentax XW's, a few ES, a couple of TV's and a few others

"I believe in the pursuit of happiness. Not its attainment, nor its final definition, but its pursuit." Andrew Sullivan.

Edited by JayinUT (05/09/09 12:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeremy Perez
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
Re: Advice for a Sketch Tonight May 9th 2009 new [Re: JayinUT]
      #3094650 - 05/09/09 02:55 PM

Hi Jay, Xi Scorpii might be a nice one. It's a double-double on the north side of Scorpius with great contrast in the main pair.

--------------------

Orion SVP 6LT (6" f/8 Newt) || Orion XT8 (8" f/5.9 Dob) || 15x70 Oberwerk Binoculars || Coronado PST
The Belt Of Venus || Sketch Gallery || Sketching Resources || Drawn to the Universe Column

JayinUT
I'm not Sleepy

Reged: 09/19/08
Loc: Utah
Re: Advice for a Sketch Tonight May 9th 2009 new [Re: Jeremy Perez]
      #3095006 - 05/09/09 07:36 PM

Jeremy,

I'll check it out, thanks!

--------------------
Thanks,

Jay

My Observing Blog

My Sketches

Scopes: XT10, 14" Dobstuff Strut w/Zambuto,
EPs: Pentax XW's, a few ES, a couple of TV's and a few others

"I believe in the pursuit of happiness. Not its attainment, nor its final definition, but its pursuit." Andrew Sullivan.

Jeremy Perez
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
Re: Advice for a Sketch Tonight May 9th 2009 [Re: JayinUT]
      #3095511 - 05/10/09 01:13 AM

Heh...I wasn't considering that the nearly full moon would be sitting almost on top of it tonight...

--------------------

Orion SVP 6LT (6" f/8 Newt) || Orion XT8 (8" f/5.9 Dob) || 15x70 Oberwerk Binoculars || Coronado PST
The Belt Of Venus || Sketch Gallery || Sketching Resources || Drawn to the Universe Column

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Charlie Hein, cildarith 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 845

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics