"Live Forums" can be found here: Live Forums

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
RWC

Reged: 04/15/08
Loc: Texas
AS-GT I killed it
      #3330482 - 09/12/09 08:37 PM

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. I was in the middle of a motor control firmware upgrade on my Celestron AS-GT mount when my computer crashed. Now my computer can no longer contact the mount. When I turn on the mount the hand set says initializing for about a second, is blank for about 15 seconds and the says not responding 16.

Has anyone experienced this before and have any idea as to how I get out of this mess.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LLEEGE
True Blue

Reged: 03/03/05
Loc: Cloud-chester,NY
Re: AS-GT I killed it new [Re: RWC]
      #3330523 - 09/12/09 09:01 PM

Try a hard reset of the HB. I think you hold down the "0" key for several seconds while powering on the mount.

--------------------
A wise man once said........nothing.

A good mount
A few good OTA's
A few good EP's
A decent camera
Crappy skies

LLEEGE
True Blue

Reged: 03/03/05
Loc: Cloud-chester,NY
Re: AS-GT I killed it new [Re: LLEEGE]
      #3330531 - 09/12/09 09:07 PM

Or this:
Quote:

If the update is interrupted in the middle, (for example, the PC locks up or the mount is accidentally powered off) you should power off and power on the mount. If you are updating via a PC Port on the mount or Auxiliary Port Adapter, simply repeat the update process. If you are updating via the port on the bottom of the hand control, when you switch the power back on the hand control may display a No Response error. If so, simply press the UNDO button on the hand control several times until the No Response message is cleared. The hand control should then display the locked message and you will be able to continue with the update as described above. If you were updating via the hand control and now the hand control displays Initializing and then goes blank, read this.

Quoted from here

RWC

Reged: 04/15/08
Loc: Texas
Re: AS-GT I killed it new [Re: LLEEGE]
      #3330871 - 09/13/09 01:38 AM

Thank you for the advice. But I seem to have stumbled onto a fix. I cycled my computer and the mount several time but MCupdate would not recognize the mount. I could only get limited function out of the hand set. I them closed MCupdate and opened HCupdate which I had previously run. And for some reason or another it could connect to the mount. I closed it and reopened MCupdate and sure enough it would now connect and I was able to finish the update and everything seems to be working.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Charlie Hein, lineman_16735 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 374

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics