Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
Here's a quick one that I grabbed on the weekend (Mar. 18) using my ST80 and MallinCam and focal reducer. I think the effective FL in this image is around 200mm. The FOV is a little over 1 deg only since the CCD is relatively small.
Conditions were average, a fairly bright moon was present, and M46 was getting pretty low. I think this was about 20 x 2sec images with the gain set a little too high.
Faintest stars are around 13th mag, but I wish I would have either turned down the gain or snapped some with the gain lower as to not wash out the background so much.
... and still the best wife I could wish for!
- C14 EdgeHD
- C10N/Normand Fullum/MoonLite/ProtoStar/Antares
- C8 EdgeHD
- Tasco 11TR/Normand Fullum/JMI/ProtoStar
- IStar 6" F10/Astro-Physics hardware
- C102 achro, 80ED, Astro-Physics 60/700
- Losmandy G11 DSC, EQ6/Losmandy, Vixen GP-DX, CG5a, UniStar Lite
- Burgess 15x70, Nikon 10x50
- PST, StarBlast, Apex 102, MallinCam's, and some EP's with green lettering