Speciality Forums >> Science! Astronomy & Space Exploration, and Others

Pages: 1
gubbenimanen
sage

Reged: 08/09/05
Loc: Sweden
Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new
      #2203610 - 02/19/08 06:27 PM

Recently read about this: the System-G experiment! Don't know if this is a hoax or not? Anyway it sounds intriguing as it reminds me of the ESA gravity experiment. Links:
http://users.elo.com.br/~deaquino/
http://jnaudin.free.fr/systemg/

--------------------
Roger

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pess
(Title)

Reged: 09/12/07
Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new [Re: gubbenimanen]
      #2203781 - 02/19/08 07:46 PM

Some guy way out in left field postulating a Grand unification theory that 'preserves' Einsteins work..then later down the page gives a design for gravity shielding which would immediately invalidate Einsteins work.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Pesse (shrugs) Mist

Pess
(Title)

Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new [Re: Pess]
      #2203814 - 02/19/08 07:58 PM

Here ya go. More info on this guy. complete with conspiracy theories, government abduction and designs for Spacecraft no less.

It's a fun read and, yes, the science is so much rubbish despite the excitement (and obvious non-science bent) of the author.

Pesse (Build your own flying saucer) mist

gubbenimanen
sage

Reged: 08/09/05
Loc: Sweden
      #2205337 - 02/20/08 12:41 PM

Thanks Douglas. I've downloaded the PDF. Seems that his result has not been confirmed by others.

--------------------
Roger

Pess
(Title)

Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new [Re: gubbenimanen]
      #2205464 - 02/20/08 01:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks Douglas. I've downloaded the PDF. Seems that his result has not been confirmed by others.

You can always tell if the science is a little suspect when the article spends more time talking about the possibilities of the great breakthrough in science as opposed to talking about the great breakthrough itself.

I remember a grad student got excited about gravity shielding with superconductors. He begged me to come over to his garage and 'see for myself'. (Myself and a couple other guys).

I don't recall the exact setup as it was some time ago but the gist of it was he suspended a superconductor in a beaker of liquid nitrogen then powered up an electromagnet the thing was sitting on.

After asking a few of us to 'chip in' for the liquid nitrogen he needed He measured the deflection of the lever arm suspending the weight...the insinuation being that the weight was within a field that somehow 'reduced' it.

As we watched all eyes were on the lever-arm and, sure enough, it began to twitch up and down.

Nobody was watching the beaker where the liquid nitrogen was boiling off.

Pesse (He figured he discovered anti gravity, I figured he just rediscovered convection.) mist

Pedestal
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/11/06
Loc: Smoggy Bottom, Baytown,Texas
      #2206168 - 02/20/08 06:18 PM

Humm... I read the PDF. I 'betcha I know what happened. The guy built his space ship, and it worked! But he forgot the "Off" switch... Lets see, accelerating at, oh say 1 gee...
Hubert

--------------------

Hubert
---------------------------------
www.smoggybottom.org

gazerjim
Postmaster

Reged: 02/12/04
Loc: n-dimensional space
Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new [Re: Pedestal]
      #2207332 - 02/21/08 02:24 AM

I'm more interested in the findings of the Gravity Probe-B project. Does anyone know if frame dragging was verified?

--------------------
Jim Fisher

"How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress."

Niels Bohr

Pess
(Title)

Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? new [Re: gazerjim]
      #2208499 - 02/21/08 02:31 PM

Quote:

I'm more interested in the findings of the Gravity Probe-B project. Does anyone know if frame dragging was verified?

Yes and no. Currently there is about three months worth of data that has reached 'Level 3' status. Informally, it looks like frame dragging is evident in the data.

However, the researches are compiling a data book and massaging all possible sources of experimental error (at least those errors they can figure out) from the data set.

I don't remember when, but formal conclusions should be submitted to indexed journals soon and the complete level 3 data set released to the public just prior or immediately after that.

Interesting also is independant confirmation of frame dragging is coming from two other experiements. One is laser measurements of the Earth-Moon orbit and the other ...well i forget the other.

Pesse (this space for rent) mist

gazerjim
Postmaster

Reged: 02/12/04
Loc: n-dimensional space
      #2210098 - 02/22/08 01:59 AM

Thanks, Douglas! I tend to get buried in an avalanche of info on the net about these various projects.

--------------------
Jim Fisher

"How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress."

Niels Bohr

jumpjack

Reged: 09/17/10
Re: Gravity experiment by Fran De Aquino? [Re: gazerjim]
      #4634384 - 06/11/11 06:01 PM

Bringing up this ancient thread to ask: does recent Probe-B demonstration of frame dragging phenomenon being real affects De Aquino and podkletnov researches?
Have we experimental evidences that their theories are right?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LivingNDixie, llanitedave 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2047

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics