Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Shows & Conferences

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Shneor
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/01/05

Loc: Northern California
Re: Star Party at ASAE! new [Re: fnowat]
      #5514453 - 11/11/12 01:02 PM

I want to thank Paul, John and the TAAA for last night's star party. I especially appreciate all TAAA has done in buying and developing an excellent and very dark sky site. Toxman, thanks for driving all the way there and back. It was a pleasure meeting everyone!

Clears,

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Skylook123
Postmaster

Reged: 04/30/05

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Re: Star Party at ASAE! new [Re: Shneor]
      #5514614 - 11/11/12 03:00 PM

I need to appologize for a bit of over-reaching in my post above. I have no idea who in the club will be showing up at TIMPA, nor how to get people there who are short of transportation. My truck turns out to be full, and I've just learned that the TAAA booth at ASAE doesn't have information on which members might be going. So, while I can help with directions to TIMPA, I can't help with matching up rides. I got a bit too enthusiastic in my desire to help people get out to the great skies.

fnowat

Reged: 06/12/12

Loc: N.E. Illinois (Chicago suburbs...
Re: Star Party at ASAE! new [Re: Skylook123]
      #5515871 - 11/12/12 11:57 AM

It is now a quiet Monday morning at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and after a good cup of Starbucks my mind is pleasantly reviewing the weekend...

I am greatly indebted to Jim for the lead on the impromptu star party at TIMPA on Sunday. I graciously thank Dennis for the transportation back down memory lane as we rode out to TIMPA! Thank you Dennis for the opportunity to open my eyes to the reputation of S. Arizona’s skies have, I am a witness to the serene beauty now. I thank you Jim for allowing me to watch and to view your Teeter Dob. It was nice to hear the stories of the scope and of its durability. I think that was the best Sunday night that I have had in quite some time. I love your Tucson skies!! It makes me think seriously about a career move to make my hobby more enjoyable!

It was nice to hear the diverse stories from other star gazers while out there this weekend. Thank you all for the camaraderie!! I wish you calm winds and instead of only 300 clear nights each year, I wish you 325 clear nights a year!

Thanks again, Frank

Skylook123
Postmaster

Reged: 04/30/05

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Re: Star Party at ASAE! new [Re: fnowat]
      #5518767 - 11/13/12 09:51 PM

Frank, it was quite a pleasure to enjoy the night sky with you and Olga. Sorry you needed to return to Parma; I grew up very close to there. Nowadays, I'm SO glad I don't need to shovel my weather any more.

Best of luck with your future Teeter. It will serve you well. If you are ever out this way in June, think Grand Canyon Star Party. If you think those desert skies last weekend were impressive at 2500 feet with some Tucson sky glow, I hope you can someday enjoy your Teeter at 7000 feet and DARK at the Grand Canyon. I hope we all can cross paths again some time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3345

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics