Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Eyepieces

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
Starman1
Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

Reged: 06/24/03

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: List of Paracorr settings for all brands of EP new [Re: Starman81]
      #6228238 - 12/02/13 12:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone input the Delos line into the settings?

All the Delos eyepieces except the 17.3 and 14 will use setting "D" with the Paracorr's supplied 1.25" adapter.
The 17.3 and 14 will require setting "A" for right now, also using the 1.25" adapter.
There may be another, lower-profile, 1.25" adapter for the 17.3 and 14.0 a little later on, as the "perfect" correction for those two will require a setting a little farther in than setting "A".
But "A" will still correct a lot better than no Paracorr, in the same way that the original Paracorr didn't completely correct the 31 Nagler or 21 Ethos but they still were improved a lot over no Paracorr.

Don, will the 17.3/14 Delos only come close to working optimally with the Type 2 ParaCorr? I tried both in my Type 1 (PCV-2000) on setting 1 and the 14 Delos edge performance compared to the XW 14 left much to be desired in the f/4.3 STS 11.

TeleVue now makes an "In Travel" adapter that drops the shoulder of the 17.3 and 14 Delos 1/8" below the top of the Paracorr. If the 17.3 and 14 are used with this adapter, they become parfocal with the 12-3.5mm range when those are used with the standard adapter that comes in the Paracorr.
If there is an optimum setting for the 3.5-12mm Delos in the Paracorr 1 (and they would all use the same setting), the use of the In-Travel adapter will allow the 17.3mm and 14mm to use the same setting as all the other Delos eyepieces.
Since the short focal length Delos are parfocal with most of TeleVue's 1.25" eyepieces, and none of them used setting 1 in the original Paracorr, the key is to use the correct setting for the other 1.25" eyepieces (I can't remember if it was setting 2 or 4 when using the supplied 1.25" adapter) and use that same setting for the Delos range.
If the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos are then used with the new adapter, that setting would also be optimum for them.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Starman81
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/06/08

Loc: Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Re: List of Paracorr settings for all brands of EP new [Re: Starman1]
      #6228927 - 12/02/13 11:38 AM

Quote:

TeleVue now makes an "In Travel" adapter that drops the shoulder of the 17.3 and 14 Delos 1/8" below the top of the Paracorr. If the 17.3 and 14 are used with this adapter, they become parfocal with the 12-3.5mm range when those are used with the standard adapter that comes in the Paracorr.
If there is an optimum setting for the 3.5-12mm Delos in the Paracorr 1 (and they would all use the same setting), the use of the In-Travel adapter will allow the 17.3mm and 14mm to use the same setting as all the other Delos eyepieces.
Since the short focal length Delos are parfocal with most of TeleVue's 1.25" eyepieces, and none of them used setting 1 in the original Paracorr, the key is to use the correct setting for the other 1.25" eyepieces (I can't remember if it was setting 2 or 4 when using the supplied 1.25" adapter) and use that same setting for the Delos range.
If the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos are then used with the new adapter, that setting would also be optimum for them.

Thanks Don. The setting for 1.25" TV eyepieces in the ParaCorr Type 1 is setting 4, so I'll have to try them out with the In-Travel adapter.

Phillip Creed
Idiot Seeking Village

Reged: 07/25/06

Loc: Canton, OH
Re: List of Paracorr settings for all brands of EP new [Re: Starman81]
      #6453518 - 04/07/14 08:34 PM

Paracorr Type-1:

30ES-82: Setting ~ 1.7 (closer to "2" than to "1").

This would put it at around the same setting as a 20T5, if you're thinking about a Baader MPCC for this eyepiece.

Clear Skies,
Phil

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
5 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ausastronomer, droid, cbwerner, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60737

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics