Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Asbytec
Guy in a furry hat

Reged: 08/08/07

Loc: La Union, PI
Re: NEB Rift new [Re: azure1961p]
      #5539588 - 11/25/12 11:03 PM

That's exactly what I thought, Pete, it just can't be yet there it is. It looks that way. But, yea, images show a tangled web of interaction. The visual interpretation is less detailed, of course. So, that's how it appeared. Hard to see what's really going on when you can capture only the highest contrast detail.

You think the festoons are too blue? Na, I don't mind at all hearing that from an accomplished observer and artist who has challenged me on Plato, 72 Pegasi, etc.

I get a nice blue on some, but less so on others. Other times it's really hard to see where the blue blends in with the ruddy hue of the NEB - and what color that really is. Sometimes it's just dark. Festoons seem to be darker (blue) than a few weeks ago where the blue was more pronounced. The blue does seem a be lighter and more distinct as the festoons jet into the EZ. I try to keep the pallet updated. Take away the bright distinct blue in exchange for a darker, less distinct blue without losing the hue.

Hmmm...thanks.

In an earlier thread you mentioned the NTZ to be very white. A few weeks ago, I would have a greed with you without thinking twice. Turns out, that's no longer true. I see that zone as distinctly grey and think the STrZ is the most white. Turns out that is no longer true, either. Near the tail end of that distinct sloping belt, the STrZ does appear to grey a little - by maybe one visual notch in hue. It almost blends with the darker grey just south. The difference is very subtle and impossible to define with a single pencil line delineating any sort of border, but the change in hue really is there.

Edited by Asbytec (11/25/12 11:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
niteskystargazer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/09

Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W
Re: NEB Rift new [Re: Asbytec]
      #5540418 - 11/26/12 02:28 PM

Norme,

Nice sketch of Jupiter's NEB Rift .

CS,KLU,

Tom

JimPie
professor emeritus

Reged: 11/10/07

Loc: S.E.Michigan
Re: NEB Rift new [Re: niteskystargazer]
      #5541938 - 11/27/12 11:46 AM

Norme,
Another great sketch of some interesting detail.

Asbytec
Guy in a furry hat

Reged: 08/08/07

Loc: La Union, PI
Re: NEB Rift new [Re: JimPie]
      #5542001 - 11/27/12 12:15 PM

Thank you both, Jim, those brighter arcs strutting north in the SEB were amazing...and a good reason to sketch the view.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1424

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics