Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tommy5
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/28/04

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: First Sketch Jupiter new [Re: Asbytec]
      #6210350 - 11/22/13 09:52 PM

Excellent first effort on Jupiter your, colors are great, it should be an outstanding Jupiter observing season this year as long as the weather is clear.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Asbytec
Guy in a furry hat

Reged: 08/08/07

Loc: La Union, PI
Re: First Sketch Jupiter new [Re: Tommy5]
      #6210408 - 11/22/13 10:39 PM

Thanks, again, Tommy. Yea, color is an acquired taste. Jupiter at a glance appears very much grey scale and color can be difficult to nail down. Color becomes more apparent with time at the eyepiece and Jove simply explodes with detail when it does.

Eric63
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/16/12

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Re: First Sketch Jupiter new [Re: Asbytec]
      #6213784 - 11/24/13 06:25 PM

Norme, it's nice to see you sketching Jove again. I so enjoy your sketches since it give me an idea of what can be seen in a medium size Mak. I don't have your seeing conditions or your aperture, but on a few occasions I have had breath taking views when it all came together. Your sketches and posts about your Mak have always been a source of inspiration.

Eric

Chopin
Canis Insanus

Reged: 02/03/05

Loc: In the doghouse.
Re: First Sketch Jupiter new [Re: Eric63]
      #6214042 - 11/24/13 08:55 PM

Norme, I've loved your computer paint technique since the first sketch I saw of yours.

Also interesting is your interpretation of the color of the GRS this year. I still need to catch a glimpse. That might be a while, though. Tomorrow morning is calling for 16F with 15-20 MPH winds. That just ain't happening.

Asbytec
Guy in a furry hat

Reged: 08/08/07

Loc: La Union, PI
Re: First Sketch Jupiter new [Re: Eric63]
      #6214069 - 11/24/13 09:11 PM

Eric, thank you so much. Hey, it's those breath taking views we both achieve that I try to get across and share with you all. That's where the inspiration and admiration of Jove lay, and we both can experience it.

Jason, after 6 months of constant cloud cover, "it ain't happening" is perfectly understandable. I must confess loving the computer technique. I leave the colors more saturated than the more grey scale actually observed. This way, you do not have to work as hard for an hour to see it.

I really appreciate folks taking the time to reply, it makes sharing the joy much more enjoyable. Thank you for that.

Edited by Asbytec (11/24/13 09:20 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 662

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics