Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Announcements and News >> Discussion of CN Articles, Reviews, and Reports

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Glassthrower
Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

Reged: 04/07/05

Loc: Oort Cloud 9
Re: CN Report: Astronomy Technologies 80EDT f7 new [Re: Preston Smith]
      #2143058 - 01/24/08 05:56 PM

Tom, that is best written review of a finderscope I have ever read. Superb.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tom TAdministrator

Reged: 02/26/02

Re: CN Report: Astronomy Technologies 80EDT f7 new [Re: Preston Smith]
      #2146050 - 01/25/08 10:41 PM

Hi Johan, I've had several TV telescopes over the years (and dozens of other nonTV units as well), and I have always been impressed by Tele Vue's consistency, as well as the attention to detail and design that they put into their products.

Further, the 85 is a proven optic and one that's easily available from stock. It's small and light enough to be easily portable, but large enough to play in a similar league with 4" apos.

FWIW (and I know this isn't what you were asking, but I do want to make it clear), it's not really fair to the AT80EDT to compare it to the TV85/Sky 90/TMB 80/480/TMB 80/600. Those scopes are in a different class, and really aren't designed to hit the same market segment. The AT80EDT's competitors (As I see it) are scopes like the NHNG and the WO EDII - low cost popular doublets in todays market.

Hi Preston, I believe the selling price is $650 with case.

Thanks for the comments folks!

T

Talstarone
Lunar Man

Reged: 09/12/06

Loc: Pinetops, NC
Re: CN Report: Astronomy Technologies 80EDT f7 new [Re: Tom T]
      #2214002 - 02/23/08 05:57 PM

Spectacular Review,Tom.I am extremely interested in this scope due to its triplet lens design.
Also since it was one of the New Scopes offered my Astro-Tech,its fit and finish,as well as its mechanical quality was something I wanted to look into seriously.

Thanks for answering all the questions I had in your review Tom.This is one scope I would not mind owning.It has the optical quality,brand recognition,mechanical quality,and price that draws me to it,like a moth to a flame.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4946

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics