Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Announcements and News >> Discussion of CN Articles, Reviews, and Reports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
mdowns
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 06/12/10

Loc: Englewood,FL
Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: seeindoubles]
      #5316464 - 07/13/12 07:05 PM

I just found this thread and so I can only hope others continue with it. I recently bought an antares 1529 on cnights and was wondering if others have had similar results with thiers(Ant,Es,CTs). I found the 3 element barlows I had (meade,smart astronomy) were not very effective. However when I used an older 2x 2element long focal lenght barlow (parks made in japan)the improvement was dramatic (for planetary ca reduction). Has any one else had a sinilar experience? These scopes are of course wonderfull rfts, with the addition of the 2x barlow mine delivers really nice palnetary images moderately close to my c8. Anyone else?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
WarrenM

Reged: 07/27/11

Loc: Clovis, Calif., USA
Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: mdowns]
      #5316881 - 07/14/12 12:52 AM

mdowns:
I go into some detail on how I deal with CA when using my CT152 in my answer to Steve (above) dated 2/11/2012. If you haven't read it just scroll up to it. As far as barlows go, the only one I have been using with my scope is a short 2" 1.6 power Antares barlow. I have noticed it cuts down the CA some but not a lot. Your success with a 2 element 2 power barlow makes me want to try it. I have such a barlow that I haven't used in a while, so I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Warren

AllanF
journeyman

Reged: 11/23/11

Loc: Green Bay, WI USA
Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: seeindoubles]
      #5477756 - 10/18/12 09:18 PM

In case anyone missed it there are two excellent reviews of this telescope in the current issue of Astronomy Technology Today (Vol 6, Issue 5 - Sept-Oct 2012). You must subscribe to read it on-line and from poking around their website i think you may want to just buy the print version rather than subscribing on line and same applies to iPhone version - buy print version.

Al

WarrenM

Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: AllanF]
      #5479258 - 10/19/12 06:23 PM

Allan:
Thanks for posting the info on that magazine article. I'm going to see if I can buy it at Barnes & Noble.

Warren

Peteman

Reged: 10/20/12

Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: WarrenM]
      #5484179 - 10/22/12 07:09 PM

Hello everyone this is my first post on CN. Great thread and thanks to Warren for the great review. Your reveiw is one of the reasons why I bought this scope - maybe Canadian Telescopes should consider paying you some commission!

I know this scope will not be the best for imaging but I gotta try. Does any one know what adapters to buy that will thread directly into the 3" focuser onto a DSLR t-ring. Are these a standard size thread/diameter?

Thanks!

WarrenM

Re: Canadian Telescopes 152 F-5.9 Acromatic Refractor new [Re: Peteman]
      #5484690 - 10/23/12 01:29 AM

Hello Pete:
I'm glad you found my review useful in helping you make a decision on your telescope purchase. I wish I could help you with your camera adapter question. I stopped doing photogrophy years ago when we were still using film. You might try calling the customer service department at Canadian Telescopes. They should be able to tell you which adapters to buy. Good luck with your new scope!

Warren

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  droid 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20209

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics