Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoviewers

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Astrojensen
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 10/05/08

Loc: Bornholm, Denmark
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: ewave]
      #5239431 - 05/25/12 06:01 PM

Quote:

OK can someone tell me what this is:

Part # ORJ-R : 2" Refractor/SCT 1.8X Glasspath Corrector (needs T2 Diagonal)




It's this one:

http://www.baader-planetarium.de/sektion/s32/bilder/2456305_gross.jpg

A 2", 1.8x GPC for fast refractors and SCT's. Haven't tried it. Perhaps Tammy has one?


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tamiji Homma
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 02/24/07

Loc: California, USA
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Astrojensen]
      #5239488 - 05/25/12 06:30 PM

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I have one.

I use this with refractors:


I use this configuration with MakNewt MN-86:


Tammy


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ewave
Pooh-Bah
*****

Reged: 05/16/09

Loc: northwest NJ
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Tamiji Homma]
      #5239560 - 05/25/12 07:14 PM

wow...ok the 2" looks like it will add quite a bit of focus travel? Perhaps will work with my fast APO?
Tammy, any travel distance numbers figured out yet for the 1.8x?


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tamiji Homma
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 02/24/07

Loc: California, USA
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: ewave]
      #5239657 - 05/25/12 08:17 PM

Quote:

wow...ok the 2" looks like it will add quite a bit of focus travel? Perhaps will work with my fast APO?
Tammy, any travel distance numbers figured out yet for the 1.8x?




When you attach the 1.8x Barlow lens, it pushes focuser about 65mm outward to reach focus.

I use it with f/5.5 refractor. It works well.

Tammy


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tomcody
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 07/06/08

Loc: Titusville, Florida
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Astrojensen]
      #5239700 - 05/25/12 08:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OK can someone tell me what this is:

Part # ORJ-R : 2" Refractor/SCT 1.8X Glasspath Corrector (needs T2 Diagonal)




It's this one:

http://www.baader-planetarium.de/sektion/s32/bilder/2456305_gross.jpg

A 2", 1.8x GPC for fast refractors and SCT's. Haven't tried it. Perhaps Tammy has one?


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark




Here is a link to it on Alpine Astro:
http://www.alpineastro.com/Binoviewers/binoviewers.htm#ORJ
Rex


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ewave
Pooh-Bah
*****

Reged: 05/16/09

Loc: northwest NJ
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: tomcody]
      #5239815 - 05/25/12 10:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK can someone tell me what this is:

Part # ORJ-R : 2" Refractor/SCT 1.8X Glasspath Corrector (needs T2 Diagonal)




It's this one:

http://www.baader-planetarium.de/sektion/s32/bilder/2456305_gross.jpg

A 2", 1.8x GPC for fast refractors and SCT's. Haven't tried it. Perhaps Tammy has one?


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark




Here is a link to it on Alpine Astro:
http://www.alpineastro.com/Binoviewers/binoviewers.htm#ORJ
Rex




I think thats for the newtonians


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ewave
Pooh-Bah
*****

Reged: 05/16/09

Loc: northwest NJ
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Tamiji Homma]
      #5239817 - 05/25/12 10:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

wow...ok the 2" looks like it will add quite a bit of focus travel? Perhaps will work with my fast APO?
Tammy, any travel distance numbers figured out yet for the 1.8x?




When you attach the 1.8x Barlow lens, it pushes focuser about 65mm outward to reach focus.

I use it with f/5.5 refractor. It works well.

Tammy




Thanks Tammy


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Peter Natscher
professor emeritus


Reged: 03/28/06

Loc: Central Coast California
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Astrojensen]
      #5538944 - 11/25/12 03:19 PM Attachment (23 downloads)



Sorry I'm late to this post but I used the 2.6X GPC in my Mark V last night with my AP 175EDF and it seemed to work fine. Upon reading this post today, I attempted to reverse the 2.6X GPC by inserting it reversed into the Baader prism diagonal and the attaching this assembly to the Mark V front end. It doesn't attached well. The GPC takes up some of the space needed for the BP6 ring to attached properly to the Mark V flange. See photo.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, there is a diagram on the Astro-Physics site that shows the correct orientaton. Its on the AP site , Baader Mark V page, in the corrector paragraph.
Rex




Thanks to Rex. Here's a link:

http://www.astro-physics.com/products/accessories/baader/Binoviewer%20Glasspa...


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark




Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DaveJ
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 01/07/05

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Peter Natscher]
      #5539014 - 11/25/12 04:00 PM

Quote:



Sorry I'm late to this post but I used the 2.6X GPC in my Mark V last night with my AP 175EDF and it seemed to work fine. Upon reading this post today, I attempted to reverse the 2.6X GPC by inserting it reversed into the Baader prism diagonal and the attaching this assembly to the Mark V front end. It doesn't attached well. The GPC takes up some of the space needed for the BP6 ring to attached properly to the Mark V flange. See photo.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, there is a diagram on the Astro-Physics site that shows the correct orientaton. Its on the AP site , Baader Mark V page, in the corrector paragraph.
Rex




Thanks to Rex. Here's a link:

http://www.astro-physics.com/products/accessories/baader/Binoviewer%20Glasspa...


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark







Well, it's *almost* installed correctly. Before installing the 2.6 GPC, you need to remove the Quick Change adapter. The 2.6 GPC then screws directly into the diagonal and THEN you attach the Quick Change adapter by screwing it back in place.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Peter Natscher
professor emeritus


Reged: 03/28/06

Loc: Central Coast California
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: DaveJ]
      #5539049 - 11/25/12 04:26 PM

Ah... got it! thanks!! So, if my views with the 2.6X were ok last night at 330X with two 11mm TV Plossels, then I've got to try this new 2.6X reverse mounting setup tonight at the same 330X and 11mm TV PLs on Jupiter during an Europa shadow transit. I hope it doesn't cloud over.


Quote:

Quote:



Sorry I'm late to this post but I used the 2.6X GPC in my Mark V last night with my AP 175EDF and it seemed to work fine. Upon reading this post today, I attempted to reverse the 2.6X GPC by inserting it reversed into the Baader prism diagonal and the attaching this assembly to the Mark V front end. It doesn't attached well. The GPC takes up some of the space needed for the BP6 ring to attached properly to the Mark V flange. See photo.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, there is a diagram on the Astro-Physics site that shows the correct orientaton. Its on the AP site , Baader Mark V page, in the corrector paragraph.
Rex




Thanks to Rex. Here's a link:

http://www.astro-physics.com/products/accessories/baader/Binoviewer%20Glasspa...


Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark







Well, it's *almost* installed correctly. Before installing the 2.6 GPC, you need to remove the Quick Change adapter. The 2.6 GPC then screws directly into the diagonal and THEN you attach the Quick Change adapter by screwing it back in place.




Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DaveJ
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 01/07/05

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Measuring the Baader Glasspath correctors new [Re: Peter Natscher]
      #5539143 - 11/25/12 05:38 PM

Quote:

Ah... got it! thanks!! So, if my views with the 2.6X were ok last night at 330X with two 11mm TV Plossels, then I've got to try this new 2.6X reverse mounting setup tonight at the same 330X and 11mm TV PLs on Jupiter during an Europa shadow transit. I hope it doesn't cloud over.




In my scopes, there's a very obvious difference in the clarity of view when the 2.6 GPC is installed in its proper orientation vs. the view when installed backwards. Just to make myself clear, you've got it in the correct orientation in your photo above, just not on the correct side of the Quick Change adapter. I am quite interested in hearing your impression following your viewing tonight. I predict that you'll be stunned at the improvement.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)


Extra information
3 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Geo557, Joe C 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled


Thread views: 3346

Jump to

CN Forums Home


Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics