Speciality Forums >> Astro Art, Books, Websites & Other Media

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
okieav8r
I'd rather be flying!

Reged: 03/01/09

Loc: Oklahoma!
Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: Steven Aggas]
      #5788693 - 04/09/13 04:53 PM

They aren't out of business, as I received the March-April issue in the mail yesterday. Might be time to send them another e-mail.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

#5789247 - 04/09/13 10:13 PM

Quote:

So, who besides me is having problems with ATT? Are they still in business? I subscribed for digital and paperback issues. Two months go by with nothing coming in the mail. I email them and they say is would have started with the next issue. Another three months go by, still nothing.... Anyone else see that as poor business, maybe out of business?

Nope. They are most assuredly not out of business, and the issues have been rolling in like clockwork. Not sure what your problem is...have you contacted Gary for help?

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 04/15/08

Loc: Arizona
Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: rmollise]
      #5790037 - 04/10/13 11:10 AM

Yes, there were emails to Gary, Stuart, and a Christy....

They published the construction of the 36" article they asked for/I wrote. They seemed interested/requested my sending the 36" mirror cooling/modeling article, which I did and was in the process of getting into the magazine. Even sent another article to them about astronomy in Low Earth Orbit with details of the antenna tracker I built for tracking satellites, specifically for ISS which has Ham Radio operators on board to talk to, and after that never heard anything back. During all of that there were requests about the subscription due to not seeing, ever, a bi-monthly magazine arrive....

Anyway, glad I could help 'em with interesting articles to boost sales and a donation to boot.

gparkerson
Vendor (Astronomy Technology Today)

Reged: 01/21/05

Loc: Louisiana
      #5790444 - 04/10/13 02:16 PM

Hi Steve,

This comes as a surprise (and a bit of a shock) to me. I'm sorry if we've fumbled your subscription and have been assured that the crew is working to correct the problem, whatever its source. Meanwhile, I thought we had shipped you a number of copies of the issue that featured your big Dob. Is that not the case? Did you not receive those? In fact, another shipment is being prepared to you of the most recent issue that features your cooling system.

Meanwhile, thanks again for the excellent articles?

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: gparkerson]
      #5790685 - 04/10/13 04:42 PM

Hi Gary, thanks! I look forward to receiving the magazine issues as they come out.

Yes, eventually Christy did mention that my subscription didn't come in time for the Nov-Dec 36" article magazine to be the first of the subscription, though it was just shipping out and my friends were getting them when I signed up. Some time later I emailed her again about the subscription, since I saw the notification that the following Jan-Feb issue .pdf was ready, and then I asked again for a copy of scope magazine, so even if it wasn't in my subscription I'd see my scope in print. I did then receive copies! But then I never saw anything from the subscription, so I gave up. But at least I saw my scope in print. So I sent the third article to you just in case there were any hard feelings for any reason. I didn't think there should be but one never knows. But I never heard back on that one, so I wasn't sure what was going on.

I hope the articles were interesting, for you and the readers. They are all challenging in construction too. The remote desktop controlled spectrograph project, that we spoke of, is still plugging along. When it's done it too should make for an interesting read.

Thanks again
Steven

mich_al
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/10/09

Loc: Rural central lower Michigan ...
      #5843152 - 05/06/13 09:36 AM

Maybe convert to the digital edition at half the paper edition price. Either way you get access to all editions online.

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: mich_al]
      #5847738 - 05/08/13 01:07 PM

I could, Al, but an article I wrote on a mirror cooling construction project was in this latest edition and it's always nice to have it in a hardcopy when you show family and friends.... Gary says he's working on getting my subscription straightened out and some extra copies of the issue with my cooling article but nothing's arrived at my door yet.

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

#5862239 - 05/15/13 01:37 PM

So I might as well ask while the issue with my article is still somewhat current but most likely set off to the side. Who wants to se[nd] their March/April ATT issue to me [for no remuneration]? I don't have a hardcopy yet.

Thanks, Steven

[edited per TOS since it's not in the SS section]

Edited by Steven Aggas (05/15/13 06:23 PM)

bob71741
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 02/16/08

#5862397 - 05/15/13 02:48 PM

Steve - I have a hard copy that you can have; you can pick it up in Scottsdale, if you are out this way, or I can mail it to you.
Funny thing is that about two-three years ago I had missing issues and did not re-subscribe, Gary asked me why no subscription renewal and I told him about the missing issues. He has been sending me issues since then with them labeled "Your subscription has Expired" and I've got every issue-no missing ones.

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: bob71741]
      #5862573 - 05/15/13 04:30 PM

Thanks Bob, I appreciate it.... I signed up in November and not one issue, they are all missing (except for the copies of extras sent to me with my article on the 36"), but as for the subscription itself; zippo.

faackanders2
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/28/11

Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: Scopyfrank]
      #5867913 - 05/17/13 06:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like it could be dangerous to one's fiscal health. /Ira

It is--because we are all sick!

Any doc in here to cure chronic DSOmania, Dobsonitis, refractoritis, severe eyepiecoid-collectionitis syndrom or morbid GOTOphobia?

I also suffer from severe eyepiecoid-collectionitis, Dobsonitis, and Binochritis.

Steven Aggas
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Astronomy Technology Today new [Re: bob71741]
      #5877927 - 05/22/13 12:23 PM

Thanks Bob, I received the one copy you sent me. I appreciate it.

Best,
Steven

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Geo557, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3525

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics