Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
orion69
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 05/09/10

Loc: Croatia
Re: Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 First Light new [Re: Harel_Boren]
      #5630602 - 01/18/13 09:16 PM

Quote:

In fact, there's hardly any space to fit in OAG after the full imaging train is in place. We tried to use the TS OAG with it, and there was simply no place (which I could find) to fit in the guide camera (though the OAG took excatly the optimal space).

How is that possible if backfocus is 70 mm?
With my current reducer I have to maintain 55mm distance with OAG+filter wheel+camera and I have no problem with that.
I use TSOAG9 with Lodestar and guiding camera is not in the way. Can you post picture of your image train?

I had bad experiences with guiding through another scope and I will never do that again.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
orion69
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 05/09/10

Loc: Croatia
Re: Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 First Light new [Re: orion69]
      #5630617 - 01/18/13 09:28 PM

Just saw your setup, was RH200 in focus on those pictures?
I'll upload my setup tomorrow to compare...

Btw, your guiding was indeed perfect, and ability to maintain focus with large temperature drop is fantastic!

How precise is manual focusing (without motor) with bahtinov mask? Is there difference to motor focusing?

Gleason
journeyman

Reged: 01/03/13

#5630810 - 01/18/13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Btw, your guiding was indeed perfect, and ability to maintain focus with large temperature drop is fantastic!

How precise is manual focusing (without motor) with bahtinov mask? Is there difference to motor focusing?

Yes, the telescope was at focus in the photo. Distance between the flat field corrector lens and array is important. OS will provide the necessary camera adapter.
Motor focus provides a more precise method to achieving focus in very shallow depth of field at f/3.
I have never used a bahtinov mask.
OS is now offering special pricing on the RH200.

Harel_Boren
Vendor-The Boren-Simon PowerNewt Astrograph

Reged: 03/15/09

Loc: Israel
      #5631032 - 01/19/13 04:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks Knez,

We use a pre-prepared Bhatinov Mask, which we've prepared to spec (focal length, etc.) and had laser cut from fiberglass.

We tried focusing without a motor focus, using the Bhatinov mask, and we find it near impossible to reach the required +/- 20 micron zone, which is the calculated Critical Focus Zone (CFZ) for this short focal length telescope.

With the motorfocus is was a walk in the park - took me about 60 seconds to reach perfect focus (+2.6 mircon).

Let's move this discussion to the 2nd Light post on this page, since it has much more measured data to rely on.

Cheers,
Harel

rimassimo
Vendor (OfficinaStellare)

Reged: 04/17/09

Re: Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 First Light new [Re: Gleason]
      #5660508 - 02/03/13 06:15 PM

Hi John, Harel and All,

I'm Massimo Riccardi.
It's a real pleasure to see on the net a lot of beautiful images taken with my Veloce RH200.My compliments for your works.
I spent several years of my life for developing the Riccardi-Honders scheme so I'm very gratified to see fine images and satisfied users.
I just finished to design another Riccardi-Honders system slightly different from the Veloce RH200.
It is a 250 mm diameter with a longer focal lenght ,1400mm
operating at f/5.6 and with long backfocus (about 280 mm).
The performances are very high: diffraction limited from the center to the edge of a 60 mm diameter flat field.
So ,for those interested to longer focal lenght and high.performances , this new Officina Stellare "baby" will be available soon.

Regards.

Massimo Riccardi

Harel_Boren

Re: Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 First Light new [Re: rimassimo]
      #5661524 - 02/04/13 11:00 AM

Quote:

Hi John, Harel and All,

I'm Massimo Riccardi.
It's a real pleasure to see on the net a lot of beautiful images taken with my Veloce RH200.My compliments for your works.
I spent several years of my life for developing the Riccardi-Honders scheme so I'm very gratified to see fine images and satisfied users.
I just finished to design another Riccardi-Honders system slightly different from the Veloce RH200.
The performances are very high: diffraction limited from the center to the edge of a 60 mm diameter flat field.
So ,for those interested to longer focal lenght and high.performances , this new Officina Stellare "baby" will be available soon.

Regards.

Massimo Riccardi

Thanks Massimo,

First thanks for these kind words!
Secondly, it's very good to know you are working on another masterpiece... Please do let us know where does development stand, and when the product is indeed due on the market.
My many thanks again,
All the best,
Harel

JJK
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/28/08

#6311710 - 01/14/14 07:18 AM

Quote:

Hi John, Harel and All,

I'm Massimo Riccardi.

Regards.

Massimo Riccardi

Hi Massimo,

Is there an estimated price for the RH250, and will it have the same style OTA body as the RH200?

Best,
John

rimassimo
Vendor (OfficinaStellare)

Reged: 04/17/09

Re: Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 First Light new [Re: JJK]
      #6324395 - 01/20/14 03:22 PM

Hi John,

Yes, it's ready and it looks like the veloce RH200.
You can contact Officina Stellare for further information.

Massimo Riccardi

Harel_Boren

#6330035 - 01/23/14 08:09 AM

Quote:

Hi John,

Yes, it's ready and it looks like the veloce RH200.
You can contact Officina Stellare for further information.

Massimo Riccardi

... And I saw it live yesterday...
I will stop here, as describing this beauty is more than my heart can take :-)
Cheers,
Harel

AlanP

Reged: 10/29/07

Loc: Howell, MI
      #6341651 - 01/28/14 06:58 PM

I am adding this information to this older thread, as hopefully it will help someone out there. I approached my Rhonders in a bit of a different direction. My skies aren't great. I paired the Honders with Apogee Alta U8300 with a Vixen DED 108S f5 Refractor with FLI ML-8300C.

With the standard Microfocuser, backfocus on the RHonders will allow for a TS Optics 9mm OAG and a Starizona Filter Drawer. This will allow me to NB on the RHoders or to run Luminance. The Vixen will do the OSC duty though a Orion Steadystar AO to eliminate flexure.

On a given night, one without Moon present, I can simultaneously capture Luminance and RGB [OSC] data. I have to manually load the NB Filter, a small task for me. But then i can skip the weight, cost and complications of a Filter Wheel.

Additionally, I have added a set of inner contact PVC tubes and an upper and lower cross strut system between the RHonders and a 10" RC. This system has really limited movement in both the RHonders and the 10" RC. Low tech, but it works very well. Images of the Equipment can be seen on my website, www.mystarrynight[dot]info . Note that as the Vixen is the latest addition, fewer images are posted for this Scope. The endless parade of clouds here has the Home Dome Project on indefinite hold....

The 8 foot ExploraDome is at the house. A SkyShed POD was installed at my Cottage, lakefront on Lake Michigan, last summer. The Pod will have a RHonders for Luminance and NB using a QSI 540wsg. A focal reduced AT6RC with Sbig ST-4000XCM + AO-8 will collect the RGB [OSC] data. The Mount is an AP Mach1. Again I can run NB or simultaneous Luminance + OSC there. That Project comes together this Spring. This is a very dark site. M31 is visible to the naked eye. Satellites and Iridium flares are easy for guest to spot.

Again I post this to help any that might want other options or additional Equipment input. AlanP

JJK
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/28/08

#6497016 - 04/29/14 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bert, something is wrong on your images.
Middle area, where signal is strong is OK, but most of the picture is too grainy. You either need more subs or more longer subs, or something is wrong with your processing.
And believe me, it really can be seen on 30" monitor...

Hi Bert, I tend to agree.
Check this 5 min. frame - all I did here was calibrate bias and dark (NO FLAT) and Digital Development.
Cheers,
Harel

Harel,

Bert's image looks fine on my 30" monitor. He likely stretched it further than you did on the Rosette Nebula. Frankly, I tend to prefer Bert's stretching (I'd perhaps tone it down a tiny bit).

However, I also agree with your philosophy of minimal processing. I don't like grossly overly-sharpened images that appear in the CN forum from time to time.

I'm impressed by the images both Bert and you are getting with the RH200. I've been seriously thinking about getting one.

Clear Skies,
John

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
12 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Oldfield, droid, Scott in NC, bilgebay, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8456

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics