Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)
anat
professor emeritus

Reged: 06/03/04

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: richardtheboffin]
      #6304916 - 01/10/14 08:04 PM

Make sure you get TRONSMART MK808. Meade DSI and a Starlight Xpress SXV-M7C are not supported. I recommend you get Orion Starshoot autoguider (QHY5) for autoguiding. The older version of iAstroHub supports the shutter control via a usb serial cable. But you need to have a serial shutter control cable.

Best regards,
Anat

Edited by anat (01/10/14 08:05 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
richardtheboffin
journeyman

Reged: 01/21/12

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: anat]
      #6305523 - 01/11/14 06:14 AM

OK thanks.

I ordered MK808 pointed to by one of your links so it should be ok. There are a lot of versions out there even just on the geekbuying site! 66 models with the RK3066!

Cheers!

anat
professor emeritus

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: richardtheboffin]
      #6305592 - 01/11/14 07:55 AM Attachment (15 downloads)

The package for controlling QHY8L, QHY9-mono and SX filter wheel was uploaded to the project website.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iastrohub/files/?source=navbar
The 3.0.8-alok+ kernel is needed to make the SX filter wheel work as the HID USB device.

For DSLR users, there is no need to update anything.

Edited by anat (01/11/14 08:00 AM)

anat
professor emeritus

#6305596 - 01/11/14 07:57 AM Attachment (21 downloads)

This is the interface for CCD camera control

anat
professor emeritus

#6306988 - 01/11/14 08:29 PM

I have just upload patch20140112 here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iastrohub/files/?source=navbar

Change Logs

12 Jan 2014:
- A USB flash drive can be mounted and unmounted at /home/pi/www/images/.
- Zoom buttons are larger on the image viewer pages.
- The Skysafari file is correctly recognized as .skyset. Dolphin Browser can automatically download the file.

26 Dec 2013:
- Add support for Canon 1000D or similar

7 Dec 2013:
- Add support for Canon 550D/1100D or similar
- Add DslrDashboard Server (Android only)

How to Install
Copy all files in the folder to /home/pi/www/

tango13

Reged: 03/16/11

Loc: Rome, Italy
      #6307504 - 01/12/14 03:35 AM

Awesome work Anat, thank you!!!

Ciao,
Piero

Mikele

Reged: 12/10/13

Loc: Warsaw, Poland
      #6310825 - 01/13/14 06:28 PM

Hey Anat

I installed kernel and iAstroHub again and for now it seems to be working. Thank you for help!!! I need to do some tests and some clear sky.

Regards,
Mikele

Mikele

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: Mikele]
      #6318772 - 01/17/14 02:16 PM

Hi Anat!

iAstro Hub works like a charm, thank you but I have another stupid question about mounting/unmounting USB drive feature... This means that all taken pictures can be saved to the pendrive directly?

Regards,
Mikele

anat
professor emeritus

#6319255 - 01/17/14 06:54 PM

Previewed images from DSLR are saved to the drive. The original images are still in the camera. It is the benefit for qhy8l and qhy9 users since all images are saved to the usb drive.

Anat

Edited by anat (01/17/14 06:57 PM)

smartc
journeyman

Reged: 08/08/10

#6320098 - 01/18/14 09:55 AM

Anat,

Would you mind sharing which linux image you used as the starting point for your MK808 build? I've downloaded your image file and successfully flashed the device, but wanted to start from a fresh install. (I'd like to do away with the Access Point feature, for one, in order to connect to my wifi network instead.)

I've tried a few different images, but can't seem to find one that will boot from the kernel-0.3.img file. I get as far as an initramfs prompt and can't get past that. Seems like there are quite a few old links and a lot of out dated information out there. Finding a combination of fresh linux image and kernel file that work together seems to be a challenge. Maybe if I can find the same image you started with I will have more luck.

Thanks,
Corey

Mikele

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: smartc]
      #6320640 - 01/18/14 02:25 PM

Hi Anat!

Ah ok, in this case it seems to be really important I'm thinking about QHLY8 - I will buy it some day
Thanks for the answer.

And now something completly different... I have a skywatcher motofocuser and there is a USB focus controller from http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/products_fc.htm. It has ASCOM driver for linux and it an control that SW focuser - do you think there is a chance to add some kind of control from iAstroHub in the future?

Regards,
Mikele

Edited by Mikele (01/18/14 02:52 PM)

anat
professor emeritus

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: smartc]
      #6321215 - 01/18/14 08:34 PM

Quote:

Anat,

Would you mind sharing which linux image you used as the starting point for your MK808 build? I've downloaded your image file and successfully flashed the device, but wanted to start from a fresh install. (I'd like to do away with the Access Point feature, for one, in order to connect to my wifi network instead.)

I've tried a few different images, but can't seem to find one that will boot from the kernel-0.3.img file. I get as far as an initramfs prompt and can't get past that. Seems like there are quite a few old links and a lot of out dated information out there. Finding a combination of fresh linux image and kernel file that work together seems to be a challenge. Maybe if I can find the same image you started with I will have more luck.

Thanks,
Corey

Hi Corey,

If you want the fresh install, please follow the step in
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41654-pre-alpha-03-ubuntu-linux-for-mk802-iii...
under the section:
2. Rootfs Installation

But if you simply want to remove some packages for example the access point mode, you can use this command:
sudo apt-get remove hostapd dnsmasq
and edit /etc/rc.local by removing all commands related to eth0.

Best regards,
Anat

Edited by anat (01/18/14 08:37 PM)

anat
professor emeritus

#6321252 - 01/18/14 09:05 PM

Quote:

Hi Anat!

Ah ok, in this case it seems to be really important I'm thinking about QHLY8 - I will buy it some day
Thanks for the answer.

And now something completly different... I have a skywatcher motofocuser and there is a USB focus controller from http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/products_fc.htm. It has ASCOM driver for linux and it an control that SW focuser - do you think there is a chance to add some kind of control from iAstroHub in the future?

Regards,
Mikele

Hi Mikele,

According to this website
http://indilib.org/devices/focusers/shoestring-astronomy-fcusb.html
http://www.cloudmakers.eu/indi

It seems that the FCUSB INDI linux driver is close source. There is only the binary library for other platforms. Since there are a lot of focusers, I may need to use INDI to communicate with a focuser. I will look into it. It is the area I am not familiar with

Anat

Mikele

#6321607 - 01/19/14 03:23 AM

Sounds good to me . I think that controlling focusers is the only thing I need to have in iAstroHub... mmm... what about preparing some drinks and dishes by iAstroHub during astrophoto session?

Kind regards,
Mikele

Edited by Mikele (01/19/14 03:32 AM)

tango13

Reged: 03/16/11

Loc: Rome, Italy
      #6321618 - 01/19/14 03:47 AM

Hi Mikele,

I know this is something very specific to my setup, but if i understand correctly the FCUSB seems to drive a DC focus motor like mine.

I have already implemented in iAH the focuser section by using an arduino board which in turn drives an L298N dual full bridge.
Very simple and straightforward, no indi, no ascom, no heavy libraries.
This way i can control my DC motor from iAH and i also have a spare 12V PWM output which i can use for controlling the dew heater band.

It's still in a "beta" stage so to say, but if you're interested i can keep you posted on any development.

Ciao.
Piero

anat
professor emeritus

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO new [Re: tango13]
      #6321700 - 01/19/14 06:16 AM

Hi Piero,

I am interested in your project. Do you need to DIY the circuit or are there Arduino shields available for the DC motor control?

I used to make a semi-auto routine to move the focuser and take a series of shots. Then a user can review a series of shots and then choose the photo with the sharpest star image. Then the focuser is commanded to move to the position where the sharpest star image was taken. It is a manual V-curve operation

Best regards,
Anat

Edited by anat (01/19/14 08:50 AM)

Mikele

#6321758 - 01/19/14 08:24 AM

Hi Piero,

I'm also interested. it sounds really good. I have SW focuser and I'm looking for a simple idea how to connect and how to control it by iAstroHub. Keep up good work!

Kind regards,
Mikele

smartc
journeyman

Reged: 08/08/10

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO [Re: anat]
      #6322073 - 01/19/14 12:16 PM

Thanks, Anat. For whatever reason I couldn't get the wifi working by just removing hostapd, etc. and in all my fiddling there's something else messed up and the MK808 won't boot to iAstroHub now either. I'm going to reflash the kernel and start fresh.

That site looks like one I hadn't found yet. I have a couple of micro-SD cards laying around so I'll try to get iAstroHub and a fresh ubuntu install working. Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Corey

ManojK

Reged: 08/07/09

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO [Re: smartc]
      #6323915 - 01/20/14 11:23 AM

hi all, been following this thread with great interest. Great work guys!

I am on a mac so had to borrow a Windows machine to do this process. The microsd imaging worked just fine, the flashing of MK808 needs a windows it looks like (I guess I could use the adb tool chain to do it, like I would with my phones, but didn't have the patience to futz around).

For anyone trying this though, what I noticed is this: my MK808 would not show up on the windows machine so I could reboot it into flash mode. I would have to trigger it manually. As a result I was using the reset button via a paperclip, which was probably too small in diameter, and it ended up dislodging the reset button itself.

So if you are attempting to do this, an alternate way to access the reset button easily might be to just pop off the cover. The reset button can then just be handled with fingers.

Mikele

Re: PiAstroHub: RaspberryPi for Autoguiding+DSLR+GOTO [Re: ManojK]
      #6330875 - 01/23/14 02:51 PM

Hi Piero,

How's going your betatesting of focuser/dew controller? Any news?

Kind regards,
Mikele

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)

Extra information
4 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28382

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics