Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Beginning and Intermediate Imaging

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
robininni
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 04/18/11

Loc: Stephenville, TX
Re: CCDware installation issues? new [Re: robininni]
      #5560339 - 12/08/12 02:13 AM

Okay, public confession time:

Being slightly OCD I decided to go ahead and do a 'repair upgrade' reinstall of windows 7. Just to see....

Well, after doing so both PEMPro 2 and CCDI install fine. I already apologized to Ray on his support forum for being so sure (and absolutely wrong) about the issue but I wanted to let you all know too that I was indeed wrong and the problem was my windows 7 installation somehow or another.

I just let the fact that the system is only 2 weeks old (and I wouldn't ever assume it came from the manufacturer already screwed up)and that all my other software was installing fine lead me to believe it was weakness with PEMPro and CCDI.

Regardless, I really don't have an excuse and I have been kicking myself for my ranting ever since this afternoon when I decided to delete all my whiny posts. I am terribly sorry to have caused such a stink about my installation problems and I am thankful that Ray is a very nice guy with a ton of patience who was professional and courteous to me every step of the way.

Thanks,

Rob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Charlie B
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/22/08

Loc: Sterling, Virginia
Re: CCDware installation issues? new [Re: robininni]
      #5560635 - 12/08/12 10:32 AM

Been there done that and wear the scars.

Charlie B

psandelle
professor emeritus

Reged: 06/18/08

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: CCDware installation issues? new [Re: Charlie B]
      #5560667 - 12/08/12 10:51 AM

Glad to see you got it figured out and you were courteous enough (rare these days) to apologize to Ray (we've all been there...maybe not in apologizing to Ray, but...you know, saying/typing something we weren't happy about later... ), but most important: you get to use CCDware stuff on your computer!

Paul

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Knuklhdastrnmr, fishonkevin, WOBentley, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 842

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics