Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RandallK
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/10/06

Loc: Nanaimo, B. C. Canada
Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? *DELETED* new [Re: alpal]
      #3576231 - 01/22/10 01:14 AM

Post deleted by RandallK

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Charlie HeinAdministrator
Postmaster

Reged: 11/02/03

Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W
Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? new [Re: RandallK]
      #3576449 - 01/22/10 07:04 AM

Folks, the OP has repeatedly asked that folks stop hijacking this thread with discussions about the polar scope adjustment that are being very adequately covered elsewhere, and this has essentially been ignored, even when I myself have asked for the same consideration. I feel the need to step in and correct this situation now.

If you are here to post about the polar LED brightness issue, please go to this thread to post. Any further posts in this thread on the topic of polar scope LED brightness will be deleted.

This may not happen in time to save this particular thread, but the point needs to be made that overt thread hijacking is just plain rude.

gkliethermes

Reged: 12/21/09

Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? new [Re: markan]
      #3577503 - 01/22/10 06:03 PM

Quote:

I doubt you'll get a response from Sky-Watcher if you used the customer support feature on their website. I didn't get any response to my queries last summer even though the issue was a real one. My problem at the time was the directional keys becoming useless after using the SAO catalog. They fixed the problem with the latest patch, but I never got any response from SkyWatcher support.

It took a few weeks, but SkyWatcher USA eventually responded to a request I sent via the website. It wasn't a helpful response (they told me to find a Canadian dealer) but at least they eventually sent me an email.

Kenny2004
Vendor - Icodome

Reged: 08/17/04

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? new [Re: gkliethermes]
      #3578457 - 01/23/10 09:09 AM

I upgraded to V3.27, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Of course if there are issues, could always downgrade.

I notice that the database gets updated too. I wonder if the object count has been expanded just as well in that regard. Anyone have any ideas or just as well, if there is comprehensive list somewhere that list all the objects programmed in Synscan?

John_G
sage

Reged: 01/18/10

Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? new [Re: Kenny2004]
      #3578526 - 01/23/10 10:13 AM

I just upgraded to v3.27. This upgrade went better than it did with v3.25 even though I'm using the same USB to serial converter. With v3.25, I found I had to use the "Lo" setting and it took about 25 minutes.

John J
professor emeritus

Reged: 11/05/07

Loc: South East SD.
Re: SynScan V3.27 Any one using it? new [Re: John_G]
      #3582422 - 01/25/10 03:53 AM

Well I did the upgrade to 3.27 and still had to use my old XP machine with an actual serial port. Could not get a down load from my laptop and USB to serial adapter and Vista home premium 32 bit. Seems to have taken though with no glitches.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
24 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2103

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics