Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
neptun2
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/04/07

Loc: Bulgaria
Re: Yet Another Synscan Beta Code Release new [Re: evhap]
      #5493311 - 10/28/12 04:15 PM

I flashed the new beta. Everything went fine. I see that the option to select the auto guide speed is back which is very important for me. It's miss was very annoying bug in 3.30 beta firmware. At first opportunity i will test the new beta under the stars and will report.

Meanwhile for those of you that want to test the new polar re-align feature here is what i do to make it work as expected:

1. Make rough polar alignment using the polar scope. I personally put polaris in the center of the polar scope and this way guarantee that it is no more than 1 degree off in azimuth and altitude.

2. Make 3-star alignment. Center the stars as accurate as possible during it. I personally attach my DSLR and use the live view with enabled grid to ensure that the star is centered properly.

3. After the 3-star alignment is completed start the polar re-alignment. when asked for a star to be used select star from the list which is not near any one of the 3 used for the previous alignment. Follow the procedure and center the star as accurate as possible. When the procedure is completed look through the polar scope to ensure that the polar star is where it is expected to be. You can use program like "polar finder" to see where polaris should be regarding the center of the polar scope at this time.

4. After the polar re-align is completed park the mount, turn off the power, turn it on again, select not to start from park position and make another 3-star alignment. After this you can start taking pictures.

These observations are based on the tests that i made on 3.28 and 3.30 beta versions. When i have observations about the new beta 3.32 i will report.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
neptun2
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/04/07

Loc: Bulgaria
Re: Yet Another Synscan Beta Code Release new [Re: neptun2]
      #5513188 - 11/10/12 01:16 PM

I finally had 2 days with good weather to test the new beta firmware 3.32 beta 5 and it is working really well. The polar realign algorithm seems to be working better. It was enough to just put polaris in the field of view of the polar scope, make 3 star alignment and then the polar realign and everything was ok. There was no need to make another 3 star alignment after the polar realign and the goto accuracy was very good. I also checked the polaris position through the polar scope after the polar realign and it was just where i expected to be. I recommend the new beta firmware to everybody.

John Carruthers
Skiprat

Reged: 02/02/07

Loc: Kent, UK
Re: Yet Another Synscan Beta Code Release new [Re: neptun2]
      #5513972 - 11/11/12 03:53 AM

+1 for the 332b release. I had to slow the loader down to 'Lo' transfer rate for the first time ever with loader v3, but all seems well.

kaj_mustikkamaki

Reged: 08/25/08

Loc: Finland
Re: Yet Another Synscan Beta Code Release new [Re: John Carruthers]
      #5567395 - 12/12/12 11:40 AM

It's not beta anymore. 3.32 release can be downloaded on Sky-watcher's web-site. Just upgraded my HC without problems and seems to work OK.

- Kaj -

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
9 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3590

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics