Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Startraffic
professor emeritus

Reged: 02/12/06

Loc: Lat. 39.143345, Long. -77.1748...
Re: Losmandy G11 with Gemini II questions new [Re: Lane]
      #5494607 - 10/29/12 12:51 PM

Lane,
The original Losmandy encoder are not available. You "can" get encoders from several other sources that will work. I have a set of encoders on my G11 that I have setup to work with the Gemini-1. I've upgraded my mount to a HGM-200 (the forerunner of the Titan) and moved my Gemini-2 to that. The HGM-200 has built in encoders but Gemini-2 doesn't support them at this time. I believe that support is one of the future features of G2. I hope so, I do a lot of outreach with the BSA with both Cubscouts (boys 6-11) & Boyscouts (Boys 11-18). The Boyscouts aren't too bad. They generally don't put their hands on the scope more than once. The Cubscouts do it everytime which moves the scope. With my G11 &, encoders & SkyCommander it was simple to move the scope back on target.

Clear Dark Skies
Startraffic
39.138274 -77.168898

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
25 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2741

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics