Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Agatha
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/04/12

Loc: Coulee Region, Wisconsin
Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: Jim7728]
      #5558776 - 12/07/12 07:55 AM

Jim,

Beautiful.

Best, Linda B. (aka Agatha)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
exparrot

Reged: 02/13/12

Loc: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: Lane]
      #5559937 - 12/07/12 08:39 PM

Quote:

I recently received a package from Berlebach with my name and address on it but I did not order anything. Took me about a week to find the person that was suppose to receive that package and he was in a neighboring city so he drove over and picked it up. Somehow when the package was passed off to the USPS in the US they replaced the original address label with one for me. I have never ordered anything from Berlebach before so I don't know why the USPS would change the label to my name and address. They actually shipped the guy two packages at the same time and one of them did arrive on time at his house. I do order a lot of astronomy gear and maybe they keep records of that kind of stuff at the USPS, so I guess whenever the USPS can't figure out where a piece of astronomy gear goes they are just going to send it to me. I could sure use a 6" APO if anyone at the USPS is reading this

That was me, Lane, and thanks again for tracking me down!!!!

I purchased a UNI-18 and they shipped the tripod in one parcel and the spreader tray in another. They both delivered to the airport in Frankfurt, via DHL, and I presume DHL flew them to the US. However, that's where things fell apart. The tripod went to New York and the tray went to Chicago. After customs, USPS handled both and managed to foul up the tray delivery. Somehow, Lane received it at his home, 30 miles away. But, he was nice enough to contact Belebach and find my email address. What a great guy!

Anyway, it's not DHL all the way. I don't recall even having the opportunity to select such an option.

Jerry

Agatha
Pooh-Bah

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: exparrot]
      #5560056 - 12/07/12 10:16 PM

That is what happened to me...the tray ended up with a different name of someone in a different city not far away. It stayed in limbo for a couple more weeks before someone figured it out. What's funny is that it had my name on the main shipping label and some one else on the small label. That's pretty neat that Lane tracked you down. Let's hope that all goes well for Jim.

Best, Linda B.

mgwhittle
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/24/11

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: Agatha]
      #5560230 - 12/08/12 12:29 AM

Wow, hearing these shipping stories from everyone else makes me wonder how mine went so smoothly!

DavidNealMinnick
sage

Reged: 03/06/06

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: mgwhittle]
      #5560280 - 12/08/12 01:18 AM

Quote:

Wow, hearing these shipping stories from everyone else makes me wonder how mine went so smoothly!

Same here. My Planet arrived in about two weeks' time this past summer, no issues.

Jim7728
Postmaster

Reged: 04/10/05

Loc: Stoop Landing Observatory, NYC
Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: DavidNealMinnick]
      #5560477 - 12/08/12 07:37 AM

Well, it's a done deal for me as I ordered the Planet yesterday morning. It will probably be delivered after the holidays and if the tray gets mis-directed, I can still use the tripod which has a spreader included.

I'll post pictures when it eventually arrives.

EFT
Vendor - Deep Space Products

Reged: 05/07/07

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: exparrot]
      #5560796 - 12/08/12 12:18 PM

Quote:

That was me, Lane, and thanks again for tracking me down!!!!

I purchased a UNI-18 and they shipped the tripod in one parcel and the spreader tray in another. They both delivered to the airport in Frankfurt, via DHL, and I presume DHL flew them to the US. However, that's where things fell apart. The tripod went to New York and the tray went to Chicago. After customs, USPS handled both and managed to foul up the tray delivery. Somehow, Lane received it at his home, 30 miles away. But, he was nice enough to contact Belebach and find my email address. What a great guy!

Anyway, it's not DHL all the way. I don't recall even having the opportunity to select such an option.

Jerry

That was a strange one. Lane asked me about it, but I had no customer by that name so had no idea. The tripods and trays always seem to get separated. I suspect because they are such different shaped packages (long and narrow vs. wide and flat). Shipments do go from Deutche Post (DHL) to the USPS which can get wierd.

I did just have a tripod spreader go from Canada to the sorting facility in Chicago and then to Hawaii rather than Florida where it was suppose to go. It's headed to Florida now, but what a long trip.

mark8888
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/24/10

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: EFT]
      #5560875 - 12/08/12 01:15 PM

I'm another one who ordered the Planet tripod and tray directly from Berlebach (to Japan)... no issues. Awesome tripod and tray.

Jim7728
Postmaster

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: mark8888]
      #5564029 - 12/10/12 11:57 AM

After a little snafu with my cc and quick back and forth communication with Marion of Berlebach, my tripod is on the way via DHL coming in 2 packages.

Wunderbar!

Agatha
Pooh-Bah

#5564454 - 12/10/12 04:27 PM

Jim,

I also had a little snafu with my CC, namely they blocked the transaction, until I called and verified it was indeed my purchase. They were trying to protect me. I had to e-mail Marion to say everything was fine and to try again. After that, all was good.

Best, Linda B.

JMW
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/11/07

Loc: Nevada
      #5566405 - 12/11/12 06:21 PM

Got the rubber feet last night from Astro-Physics. My Planet is now permitted to go on display on my hardwood floors. Feet look quite solid. I don't think there will been any negative effects on viewing.

I have to admit that I owned the Planet for more than a year before I figured out how the leg levers work. I didn't know you could pull them out and swing them back to tighten the legs more after the handle runs into the leg. I don't remember a manual for the tripod that explained this. I use my tripod with my TEC-140 and a Discmount 6. I have no doubt it would handle the TEC-160 just fine if I could afford one. It handles my C11EdgeHD without any problems.

This is not a grab and go tripod but it is perfect when you want a wooden tripod without limits.

Jim7728
Postmaster

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: JMW]
      #5566442 - 12/11/12 06:58 PM Attachment (13 downloads)

Quote:

My Planet is now permitted to go on display on my hardwood floors.

Ditto with the rubber feet. I should be done with my hardwood floor installation by the time my Planet arrives... maybe.

Jim7728
Postmaster

#5582063 - 12/21/12 08:46 AM Attachment (21 downloads)

Update.

Planet tripod has arrived! Shipped on the 13th, only 8 days from Germany. However, the 37mm accessory tray has not arrived yet, but tripod is ready to be used.

mark8888
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/24/10

#5582267 - 12/21/12 10:49 AM

Hey, that looks awesome, congratulations!!
You will love the tray, too, it's the best part.

Jim7728
Postmaster

Re: Ordering from Berlebach? new [Re: mark8888]
      #5582483 - 12/21/12 01:05 PM Attachment (19 downloads)

Thanks. Hopefully, the tray will be here soon.

Here we are fully loaded and no sign of clear weather.

Agatha
Pooh-Bah

#5582603 - 12/21/12 02:39 PM

Jim,

Yaaayyyyy!!!! It is beautiful. Your floor is looking good too. Yes, eight days is really good. I hope your tray shows up within a couple of days. Oh, and of course we can't forget about what is on the Planet. Your DM-6 sure looks at home. Could you provide a bit of info on your mod.? I'm wondering how you attached the plate to the top of the mount for your Sky Commander...looks very interesting.

Congratulations and have fun.

Best, Linda B.

Jim7728
Postmaster

#5582871 - 12/21/12 05:19 PM Attachment (15 downloads)

Thank you Linda,

No mod by me, but a DM- 6 eyepiece tray sold by Discmounts that came with used mount purchase.

http://www.discmounts.com/Resources/4-DM-6%20Eyepiece%20Tray%20Kit%20.jpg

Basically slides on and off.

Agatha
Pooh-Bah

#5583843 - 12/22/12 10:42 AM

Jim,

Thanks for second picture. That makes it clear. I do remember the eyepiece tray option. Looks good. Thanks again.

Best, Linda B.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
9 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2271

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics