Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Footbag
Postmaster

Reged: 04/13/09

Loc: Scranton, PA
Re: What cable is needed for guiding? new [Re: mpgxsvcd]
      #5824698 - 04/26/13 03:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you made a good decision. I don't know about you, but I don't get out enough to be troubleshooting when I should be imaging.

In this hobby, you can fix any problem by throwing money at it. The guide camera you bought is probably the best "cheap" upgrade in the hobby.

I always thought that I could fix things if I just worked a little harder at it or if I went that extra mile to be more precise. And in a lot of cases that was true. However, no I also realize that if you spend all of that effort researching what works best then you can just buy a setup that does exactly what you want without much fuss at all.

Once I get my guiding working I will finally be able to just sit back and enjoy the night skies. Although I know I will find some way to tinker even though it probably won't really need it.

You can still tinker. Just tinker during the day and image at night.

Seriously though, guiding was my biggest and most noticeable upgrade. Now, you can really put your cameras through their paces. Good luck and clear skies!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
26 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 670

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics