Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
cloudking

Reged: 10/14/11

Loc: DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY USA
Re: losmandy G11 gemini 2 mount question ! new [Re: Napersky]
      #5897667 - 06/02/13 11:32 AM

Hello all, I think I posted an update on a different thread but it turns out the problem was a bad gear box. after disassembling the entire drive and running the motors and gear box off the mount I found the sound I was hearing was coming from the gear box. I must say losmandy shipped me a new gear box and in two days and I have had the mount out at least 5-6 times now and the tracking and overall performance of the mount is quite good! ihave been waiting for oag and loadstar but I have managed toget 1.5 to 2.0 minute subs w/ dslr with round stars. and am very happy. it sems too carry my 11" hd very well and am now looking to delve into the world of ccd , guiding and possibly hyperstar. thanks for all your input. just needed to roll up my sleeves and dig into this one for an answer. clear skies

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Raginar
Postmaster

Reged: 10/19/10

Loc: Rapid CIty, SD
Re: losmandy G11 gemini 2 mount question ! new [Re: cloudking]
      #5898524 - 06/02/13 09:20 PM

Great!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
11 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1720

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics