Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
blueman
Photon Catcher

Reged: 07/20/07

Loc: California
Re: What case(s) do you use for your AP 900? new [Re: urassner]
      #6059985 - 09/02/13 08:54 PM

Hi,
No problem. I certainly understand people wanting to put the AP900 in a nice set of cases, they look great.

But for me it was all about the weight and the space. So it was necessary to compromise.

With the cost factor, I can afford to go on a lot of trips to my mountain site for the difference too.

I wanted to have two cases, one for each part of the mount head. But I could not find what I wanted. But I did recently see what might have worked at WalMart today when I went for something else. They had several much thicker cases there for not much money. I did not measure them to see if they would work though. But two cases usually take up more space than one and that is another thing to measure.
Blueman
Quote:

Mark, your cases are gorgeous. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think I will have the time to undertake this project. I hope I will in the future. Do you know what the weight of your AP 900 cases is?
Thank you Blueman for the additional information. I saw a case at Lowes that would probably work well (Centrex Plastics, LLC 25-Gallon General Tote). It even has wheels. The handle attachment seems not the best. It supposedly is rated for up to 200 lbs. The other consideration for me at this point is the size of the case as well. I have to fit everything in the trunk of my car and the Pelican 1650 might be the best compromise between size and protection. The weight is the one big drawback though.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
10 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 610

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics