ianatcn

Reged: 05/26/10

Loc: Hampshire, UK
Re: Questar 50th new [Re: Billydee]
      #6136367 - 10/14/13 07:15 AM

Quote:

I've always wondered why the have not issued an anniversary
duplex?

Now there is an idea for the 75th anniversary model. I was hoping that they might bring out a special limited edition Q7

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
munirocks

Reged: 10/21/13

Loc: Bourne End, UK
Re: Questar 50th new [Re: LarryV]
      #6150338 - 10/21/13 06:14 PM

On 10/10/2013 Questar (the company) told me there were less than half a dozen left. I put my order in the next day. If you're thinking of getting one, I wouldn't leave it too long.

coz
sage

Reged: 08/25/10

Re: Questar 50th new [Re: munirocks]
      #6150476 - 10/21/13 07:43 PM

Hi munirocks, that's great congrats! How long do you think it will take to get built? Enjoy, it's been my most used scope very enjoyable.

munirocks

Reged: 10/21/13

Loc: Bourne End, UK
Re: Questar 50th new [Re: coz]
      #6151112 - 10/22/13 05:40 AM

Questar quoted 2 months, Company 7 quoted 3 months. Questar said they were happy for me to buy from either place. I ended up going with Company 7 as they also inspect and measure the scope optics and mechanics (possibly why they quoted a longer lead time, and another set of eyes never hurts) and offer many other full-service niceties like eyepiece swap, free one-day training course, storage until you can pick it up locally if you want, and they're near Washington DC which is easy to get to from the UK.

I am so looking forward to this scope, in so many ways. I only started looking for a proper scope about a month ago as a treat for myself after a rough year.
Then I thought, "What about a Questar?" as I'd always loved the form factor and the finish. When I found out that the Questar wasn't just a pretty face, that the mechanics and optics are second to none, and they were still making a limited edition model that had all the options I wanted as standard, I pounced.

I won't have the scope for several months, and yet it feels good already! As for the cost, my wife said that if she knew it was going to cheer me up this much we should've bought one a long time ago! With my new-found optimism, I'm sure she means that in the nicest possible way.

coz
sage

Reged: 08/25/10

#6151129 - 10/22/13 06:13 AM

Very nice. I ordered through C7 too. He is very thorough. Hope the wait is quick!

JMKarian

Reged: 03/18/13

Loc: Northwestern PA
Re: Questar 50th new [Re: coz]
      #6151600 - 10/22/13 12:23 PM

My #222 from Company 7 arrived over the summer. I was very happy with the scope and all the goodies that came with it. It is truly a work of art. Enjoy!

JMKarian

Reged: 03/18/13

Loc: Northwestern PA
Re: Questar 50th new [Re: JMKarian]
      #6151610 - 10/22/13 12:30 PM Attachment (22 downloads)

The astronomical highlight of this past summer . . .

Les
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 04/22/06

Loc: Maryland
      #6155187 - 10/24/13 10:19 AM

Quote:

I ended up going with Company 7 as they also inspect and measure the scope optics and mechanics (possibly why they quoted a longer lead time, and another set of eyes never hurts) and offer many other full-service niceties like eyepiece swap, free one-day training course, storage until you can pick it up locally if you want, and they're near Washington DC which is easy to get to from the UK.

I can't emphasize this enough. Company 7 inspects the scope with you present (if you pick it up at their shop). Dr. Cohen found issues with the fit of my eyepieces. This check was not on the factory check list. He called immediately Questar to complain and a new eyepiece was overnighted to the store. You get service all for the same factory price.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3318

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics