Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Refractors

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 12/26/11

Loc: Bergen Co. New Jersey
ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head
      #5357065 - 08/07/12 08:24 PM

my used TED102 saw first light last night and between my glasses on and off, my eyepatch, and the straight finder, I couldn't get an easy approach to the finder. IMO the offset is way too short from the OTA. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a six point holder with the proper mount? Or any other solutions.......
Thanks
Big Head Bob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/01/08

Loc: Fayetteville, AR
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: spongebob@55]
      #5357137 - 08/07/12 09:08 PM

That was my exact experience when I owned an ES ED80. As far as I know, the interface used to connect the finder to the mount is proprietary. I could never find a longer stalk that fit. I ended up buying a Stellarvue F50 RACI finder:
http://www.stellarvue.com/f50.html

It fits perfectly in the finder rings and eliminates the "too close" problem.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/10/09

Loc: Lomita, CA
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: joelimite]
      #5357245 - 08/07/12 10:10 PM

I have found with use that it gets easier to use the finder. Not that much easier but I always find a way to use them when I observe.

Joel you talking the right angle finder??? I might have to give one of those a try. Thanks for the tip!

joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #5357357 - 08/07/12 11:31 PM

Indeed, Ed. No more sore neck with an RACI. It's a terrific finder and performs well on its own. I picked up a photo tripod adapter and sometimes use it as a grab-and-go for quick peeks at the moon or large deep-sky objects. I sold my ED80 but continue to use the Stellarvue finder with my TMB92L.

OldManInHawaii

Reged: 03/12/12

#5357479 - 08/08/12 01:37 AM Attachment (70 downloads)

I swapped the finder with an 8X50 RACI from High Point Scientific ($60). The High Point model appears to be the same as the Skywatcher model which Orion also sells. Coincidentally, I discovered that the RACI finder scope (finder only) also fits in my Meade 2080's finder bracket as well as the ES bracket. Photo is shown below. The High Point Scientific RACI model isn't as good optically as the ES, but it does the job for me.

Shawn H
Postmaster

Reged: 05/16/07

Loc: Equatorial Guinea, West Africa
      #5357508 - 08/08/12 02:46 AM

Aways a problem with straight though finders! An RACI is the answer or mounts that get your finder to a higher position. When I 1st mounted a Telrad on my xt10i, I'd have to get my cheek down on that cold tube, and bend my neck into funny positions! Luckily Scope Stuff came up with 4" Telrad risers, now the Telrad sits up in a more comfortable aiming position!

Mark Costello
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/08/05

Loc: Matthews, NC, USA
      #5357689 - 08/08/12 09:06 AM

If your 4" refractor is around F7, one option might be to use it as its own finder. I've used a 5" achro and a preceding 4" achro with eyepieces giving around 2.7 degress real field of view to find things pretty much to satisfaction for the last eight years. Otherwise, a finder with its own star diagonal will help, as per the other responses....

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

Reged: 04/16/06

Loc: Utah
      #5357890 - 08/08/12 11:44 AM Attachment (54 downloads)

I had a friend build a longer stalk for my ES 127ED as I had a very hard time using the finder it it's original location, next to the ota.

Bill

BigC
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/29/10

Loc: SE Indiana
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Bill Cowles]
      #5357909 - 08/08/12 11:56 AM

Nice job!

Practically every scope I have has a too short finder stalk.
ANd I ruefully discovered that if a scope is left leaning so that force bears on the PLASTIC finder stalk,said stalk will deform into a "non-useful" shape!

There is something to be said for parts made of nice strong metal.

SteveC
Post Laureate

Reged: 06/15/06

Loc: Sunshine State & Ocean State
      #5357959 - 08/08/12 12:26 PM Attachment (46 downloads)

I feel your pain!!

Jon Isaacs
Postmaster

Reged: 06/16/04

Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Mark Costello]
      #5358277 - 08/08/12 03:26 PM

Quote:

If your 4" refractor is around F7, one option might be to use it as its own finder. I've used a 5" achro and a preceding 4" achro with eyepieces giving around 2.7 degress real field of view to find things pretty much to satisfaction for the last eight years. Otherwise, a finder with its own star diagonal will help, as per the other responses....

I like straight through finders on Newtonians because the finder is at the right end of the tube to be easily accessible. I am looking through the finder in the direction the scope is pointing and the finder is easily accessed.

With a refractor, it doesn't work that way, a right angle finder is effective because you don't have to stoop down to use it, the eyepiece is right there next to the main eyepiece.

Of course, as Mark says, the finder is it's own, no real need for a magnifying finder, a red dot and a low power widefield eyepiece is about all one needs.

I haven't quite figured out why ES sells their refractors with these straight through finders, it doesn't quite make sense, a good RACI would seem a better choice. I am waiting to the see these ES straight throughs show up used but that hasn't happened yet.

Jon

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Jon Isaacs]
      #5358642 - 08/08/12 07:09 PM

I'm baffled as to why they haven't changed finders yet. The MAIN complaint about their scopes are the finders... you would think they'd do something about it.

coutleef
Post Laureate

Reged: 02/21/08

Loc: Saint-Donat, Québec, Canada
      #5358687 - 08/08/12 07:43 PM

Quote:

I'm baffled as to why they haven't changed finders yet. The MAIN complaint about their scopes are the finders... you would think they'd do something about it.

Also troubling is the fact that they made an oustanding quality finder, but not for refractors, they chose the wrong design. With a raci of that quality or selling the ota without finder, their problem would be solved.

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: coutleef]
      #5358849 - 08/08/12 09:32 PM

had communication with ES customer service and he said that perhaps in 90 days they would have a holder with a longer stalk and a RA finder. That would be good.

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can make a longer stalk stick myself like Bill's friend did for him... a little aluminum and some black tex paint and a slight angle and ........well, we'll see. Nothing is ever that easy!

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: OldManInHawaii]
      #5358853 - 08/08/12 09:36 PM Attachment (41 downloads)

Quote:

I swapped the finder with an 8X50 RACI from High Point Scientific ($60). The High Point model appears to be the same as the Skywatcher model which Orion also sells. Coincidentally, I discovered that the RACI finder scope (finder only) also fits in my Meade 2080's finder bracket as well as the ES bracket. Photo is shown below. The High Point Scientific RACI model isn't as good optically as the ES, but it does the job for me.

OMIH...nice mount. Can you tell me what you have there and what mods you made to help with the straight up?
Thanks.

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: SteveC]
      #5358875 - 08/08/12 09:52 PM

Quote:

I feel your pain!!

SteveC
Post Laureate

Reged: 06/15/06

Loc: Sunshine State & Ocean State
      #5359012 - 08/09/12 12:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I feel your pain!!

Wait till I show you guys what i did to my Denk P/S diagonal in order to make it more compact and travel worthy. I could not have been more stupid! It's at another location and I'll try to remember to post a picture in this thread when I arrive there in about 10 days.

OldManInHawaii

Reged: 03/12/12

#5359078 - 08/09/12 01:14 AM

My mount is mentioned in the Mounts forum under the "ES Twilight I alt az mount" thread: http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5206214/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1/vc/1

In a nutshell, what you see is my ES ED102 scope on an ES Twilight I mount head coupled to an old tripod for an old Meade 2080 SCT via a triangular shaped 3/4" plywood adapter plate. The bottom of the scope does touch the tripod leg when directly lined up with one, but it's not a big problem. What I gained was a reduction in vibration over the stock tripod for the ES Twilight I. If you look at my photos in the mount forum, the heftier Meade tripod looks like a better fit for the Twilight I mount head....however, this is just my humble opinion. But this is all digressing from the subject of this thread....sorry for getting carried away here.

coutleef
Post Laureate

Reged: 02/21/08

Loc: Saint-Donat, Québec, Canada
      #5359362 - 08/09/12 07:58 AM

Quote:

had communication with ES customer service and he said that perhaps in 90 days they would have a holder with a longer stalk and a RA finder. That would be good.

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can make a longer stalk stick myself like Bill's friend did for him... a little aluminum and some black tex paint and a slight angle and ........well, we'll see. Nothing is ever that easy!

i was told the same thing by ES customer service but that was 3 months ago

joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: coutleef]
      #5359421 - 08/09/12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i was told the same thing by ES customer service but that was 3 months ago

They told me the same thing... over a year ago.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#5359535 - 08/09/12 10:23 AM

Me too well over a year ago.....

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5359632 - 08/09/12 10:58 AM Attachment (48 downloads)

Here is a close of the new riser. A bracket was made of aluminum and than a finder bracket, think it was an SV was attached to the bracket. I found some matching screws off of a laser holder and I painted the aluminum bracket with a black felt pen.

Bill

Bill

Edited by Bill Cowles (08/09/12 11:08 AM)

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5359685 - 08/09/12 11:22 AM Attachment (37 downloads)

Here is one more image showing how the finder bracket was attached to the SV finder bracket and the need for longer screws to tighten the finder. Hope this helps, because it really works.

Bill

joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

#5360408 - 08/09/12 06:02 PM

That looks great, Bill! Pitch it to ES. Maybe they'll market it

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5626085 - 01/16/13 12:06 PM

Quote:

I had a friend build a longer stalk for my ES 127ED as I had a very hard time using the finder it it's original location, next to the ota.

Bill

Hi Bill,
I've gotten an extra mount along with some rectangular aluminum, it order to do some 'surgical engineering' on my ES finder bracket/holder. My question to you is by how much was yours lengthened in order to make it more / comfortably usable?
Thanks
Bob

csrlice12
Postmaster

Reged: 05/22/12

Loc: Denver, CO
      #5626225 - 01/16/13 01:43 PM

I swapped out the finderscope on my Omni102XLT with my Orion 9X50 RACI from my dob.....just ordered another 9X50 RACI. Anybody know where you can get the Celestron Omni Blue and White paint? I'd like to paint the new RACI Scope/holder with the Celestron colors (just nit pickey I guess).

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5626258 - 01/16/13 02:02 PM Attachment (24 downloads)

Check the image with the bracket in my hand. The main part is a SV finder bracket and the lower part was just an aluminum wedge to fit the ES bracket slot, so maybe 4" or 5", just enough to keep my head off the OTA. Since then I'm ready to try the original SV finder, which is a RTA finder with reversed image and illuminated reticule. Because of Winter, probably won't be able to try for awhile.

This spring I hope to add a MoonLite focuser, which has 2 finder brackets, so might keep the ES finder on the ES mount and add a RTA to the MoonLite bracket. I can't use the SV bracket, not standard and would need for the modified ES bracket. Having 2 finders would also add more weight to the back. Having seen how nice it is to have brackets on either side of the OTA, it really makes it easier to use on an EQ mount. I never saw the advantage till I saw a MoonLite focuser with the 2 finder brackets.

Bill

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: csrlice12]
      #5626264 - 01/16/13 02:04 PM

Bill

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: csrlice12]
      #5626273 - 01/16/13 02:12 PM

The problem with the ES 127 is there is not a finder shoe, but a slot, so simply adding a finder is not an option and the reason I had to have a home made piece to fit the slot. It's hard to believe ES didn't see the problem, with their excellent finder, that is a straight through design. Our clubs ES152 does not use a straight through finder, so maybe they did see the problem and future ES127's will have a different finder. Some of the latest posts say the current ES127 doesn't even come with a finder, but don't know what kind of finder bracket shoe it might have.

Bill

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5626356 - 01/16/13 03:07 PM

Right, I got that. But I'm going to use a peice of aluminum and add it to the post. I can add an inch or 3" or anywhere in between. So I was wondering how much height was added. The clamp, shoe, etc, is not a problem for me.
Thanks
bob

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5626402 - 01/16/13 03:32 PM Attachment (20 downloads)

Does this help?

Bill

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5626406 - 01/16/13 03:35 PM Attachment (17 downloads)

Here is another shot of the new bracket with ES finder.

Bill

Arizona-Ken
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/31/08

Loc: Scottsdale, Arizona
      #5627073 - 01/16/13 09:45 PM

I found that an Orion 9X50 RA finder fits the rings perfectly on my ES127.

Arizona Ken

Jon Isaacs
Postmaster

Reged: 06/16/04

Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Arizona-Ken]
      #5627491 - 01/17/13 06:28 AM

Quote:

I found that an Orion 9X50 RA finder fits the rings perfectly on my ES127.

Arizona Ken

Straight through finders work well when the finder is at the sky end of the scope as is the case with most Newtonians but most refractors mount the finders close to focuser end which makes them awkward to sight through. I hope that Explore Scientific someday soon changes the standard straight-through finder for a RACI.

Jon

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5627993 - 01/17/13 12:29 PM

Quote:

Here is one more image showing how the finder bracket was attached to the SV finder bracket and the need for longer screws to tighten the finder. Hope this helps, because it really works.

Thanks, that gave me a good idea on how hight I should make it........

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5628302 - 01/17/13 03:25 PM Attachment (14 downloads)

Quote:

Quote:

Bill

Hi Bill,
I've gotten an extra mount along with some rectangular aluminum, it order to do some 'surgical engineering' on my ES finder bracket/holder. My question to you is by how much was yours lengthened in order to make it more / comfortably usable?
Thanks
Bob

Here's my progress so far. Thanks for the pictures, guys!
Cut with a hack saw at the seam...

Edited by spongebob@55 (01/17/13 03:32 PM)

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5628310 - 01/17/13 03:29 PM Attachment (16 downloads)

2- come up with a design, instead of a square block of 6061.

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5628312 - 01/17/13 03:29 PM Attachment (12 downloads)

3- scribe and get out the hack saw.....

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5628313 - 01/17/13 03:30 PM Attachment (13 downloads)

4- rough cut, then file, then 60grit sand, then hand block plane for edges and square. Whew. This material is hard.

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5629763 - 01/18/13 11:31 AM

Looks good, but images are a little small , should make using the finder much easier.

Bill

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5646895 - 01/27/13 08:40 PM Attachment (22 downloads)

Well, here's my finished product. All crinckly painted and all.

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5646898 - 01/27/13 08:41 PM Attachment (15 downloads)

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5646900 - 01/27/13 08:42 PM Attachment (18 downloads)

CJK
professor emeritus

Reged: 12/05/12

Loc: Northeast TN
      #5647490 - 01/28/13 07:11 AM

Nice workmanship! Looks great!

BTW, I think this thread has the best title ever.

-- Chris

Scott BeithAdministrator
SRF

Reged: 11/26/03

Loc: Frederick, MD
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: CJK]
      #5647496 - 01/28/13 07:18 AM

That is impressive!

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Scott Beith]
      #5647777 - 01/28/13 10:44 AM

Thanks Guys. It took so much longer to cut the 6061 aluminum bar. I have no access to a machine shop, so had to cut it with a hack saw! If I had access, I probably would have made a more slim design, so it would be lighter. Never thought it would be so hard. But I think it came out OK. Now to wait for some clear refractor skies. I'll put the rest of the bar on the classified if anyone wants to do the same. Thanks for your pictures and input. I love CN.
Bob

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5648419 - 01/28/13 02:59 PM

I was told the same thing about new, longer stalks were coming, this was over a year ago.

Bill

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5648425 - 01/28/13 03:01 PM

Looks like an ES item, nice work.

Bill

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5657299 - 02/01/13 10:39 PM

Quote:

I was told the same thing about new, longer stalks were coming, this was over a year ago.

Bill

Just my luck. I do this, and I find that ES actually has them now. Dag!

joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

#5657335 - 02/01/13 11:08 PM

Nice work! I wouldn't worry about ES bringing one to market to compete with yours. They told me over two years ago that one was "in development."

Mike W
sage

Reged: 04/30/06

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Jon Isaacs]
      #5660630 - 02/03/13 07:47 PM

I like the ES finder as it's not upside down or backward. I mounted it on the tube rings (Don't have to stoop down)works great there?
Quote:

Quote:

I like straight through finders on Newtonians because the finder is at the right end of the tube to be easily accessible. I am looking through the finder in the direction the scope is pointing and the finder is easily accessed.

With a refractor, it doesn't work that way, a right angle finder is effective because you don't have to stoop down to use it, the eyepiece is right there next to the main eyepiece.

Of course, as Mark says, the finder is it's own, no real need for a magnifying finder, a red dot and a low power widefield eyepiece is about all one needs.

I haven't quite figured out why ES sells their refractors with these straight through finders, it doesn't quite make sense, a good RACI would seem a better choice. I am waiting to the see these ES straight throughs show up used but that hasn't happened yet.

Jon

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5660636 - 02/03/13 07:54 PM

Quote:

Nice work! I wouldn't worry about ES bringing one to market to compete with yours. They told me over two years ago that one was "in development."

No, really, they have them now. I was speaking to them last week and they said they have them now.

joelimite
Carpal Tunnel

#5660714 - 02/03/13 08:52 PM

Seriously? That's good news for Explore Scientific owners. I don't know why it took so long to bring to market, though, or why they didn't notice the too-short-stalk problem to begin with. That was by far the biggest gripe I had with the ED80, along with having to remove the dewshield to attach the dust cap.

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

#5660749 - 02/03/13 09:15 PM

Quote:

Seriously? That's good news for Explore Scientific owners. I don't know why it took so long to bring to market, though, or why they didn't notice the too-short-stalk problem to begin with. That was by far the biggest gripe I had with the ED80, along with having to remove the dewshield to attach the dust cap.

Seriously. As soon as I make one myself, hack sawing a very hard piece of 6061 aluminum, they get them. I was asking them questions about one of their other scopes, and I sent them the picture, b/c I feel like you do about it, and he mentioned it looked nice but they had them now. Just my luck! I think the sliding dew shield is still far off. But I think some one here from Europe (Spain perhaps) said they got one with a sliding dew shield and 90 degree finder...... who knows. Maybe I'll see them at NEAF and ask. Too late for me now. I wonder if they'll be scratching of the clear coat on these CF's with a sliding dew shield?
Regards,
Bob

Astro Sky
Vendor (Astro Sky)

Reged: 05/06/06

Loc: Iowa, Louisiana, USA
      #5747673 - 03/21/13 01:46 PM Attachment (13 downloads)

ES website has 4" stalk finder bracket in stock, white or black made for ES Refractor. I ordered one today.$59.99

Edited by Astro Sky (03/21/13 06:05 PM)

spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Astro Sky]
      #5747790 - 03/21/13 02:58 PM

Quote:

ES website has 4" stalk finder bracket in stock, white or black made for ES Refractor. I ordered one today.$59.99 free shipping.

Nice picture, but mine has more style and is prettier!

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5747848 - 03/21/13 03:26 PM

So is mine and it didn't cost me anything. They probably came out with the riser as the new 127's don't even come with a finder anymore. You will need to buy one if you want a finder as the finder bracket holder is not like the typical shoe, unless the new scopes have also changed to a new mounting shoe.

Bill

Mike4242
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/02/11

Loc: Memphis, TN
      #5747995 - 03/21/13 04:40 PM

Were was it on the site? I was just looking in their store site and couldn't find it.

Astro Sky
Vendor (Astro Sky)

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Mike4242]
      #5748085 - 03/21/13 05:22 PM

Is not list on website. Call toll free numbers , ask for Lance McCutchon.
He said have black or white in stock.

Edited by Astro Sky (03/21/13 06:04 PM)

Astro Sky
Vendor (Astro Sky)

Re: ES finder too close to OTA or I have a huge head new [Re: Mike4242]
      #5748192 - 03/21/13 06:07 PM

Quote:

Were was it on the site? I was just looking in their store site and couldn't find it.

The Tall Finder scope with set of rings is a fairly new item.
ES are currently building a new website and web shop.

Mike4242
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/02/11

Loc: Memphis, TN
      #5748409 - 03/21/13 07:53 PM

Thanks for the info!

George N
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/19/06

Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY
      #5751713 - 03/23/13 11:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The Tall Finder scope with set of rings is a fairly new item.
ES are currently building a new website and web shop.

Thanks!! Gonna do it right now!

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#5756002 - 03/25/13 11:48 AM

Quote:

ES website has 4" stalk finder bracket in stock, white or black made for ES Refractor. I ordered one today.$59.99

Good news! I just ordered one! Should have it this week!!

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#5772737 - 04/02/13 11:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Good news! I just ordered one! Should have it this week!!

Got it. It's nicely made and comes with extra mounting brackets. The best thing is the finder on this scope is finally going to be quite useful!! That's going to be a treat!

Edited by EdTheEdge (04/02/13 03:17 PM)

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5773134 - 04/02/13 03:23 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Even though I have a home made stalk, the ES version is higher and less complicated than mine, so I have just ordered one.

Bill

Edited by Bill Cowles (04/02/13 03:58 PM)

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#5773212 - 04/02/13 03:57 PM

Sure thing....

It's a bit pricey but I'll be able to also use it on my 127.

Edited by EdTheEdge (04/02/13 03:58 PM)

Bill Cowles
MacGyver

#5773228 - 04/02/13 04:03 PM

Maybe, but what about someone who buys a new 127ED and it doesn't even come with a finder and maybe not even the new stalk, now we are talking pricey and I don't think the new 127ED even comes with the heavy case anymore.

Bill

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
20 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Scott in NC, FirstSight, panhard, star drop 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3531

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics