Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Refractors

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
LivingNDixie
TSP Chowhound

Reged: 04/23/03

Loc: Trussville, AL
Re: AP 130EDFGT For Observing Only? new [Re: Footbag]
      #5679138 - 02/14/13 10:39 AM

Quote:

I wish they still had plans to make smaller refractors. I'd love something like a traveler. I could wait 10 years for that.

I feel your pain. Had the Traveler been produced one more time I would have gotten the call. I got on the list in early 2000 and they got up to late 1999, or so I was told a few years back.

So I was a little ticked how they handled the Stowaways. Not sure. I would have taken one, but I think a call would have been nice.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jrbarnett
Eyepiece Hooligan

Reged: 02/28/06

Loc: Petaluma, CA
Re: AP 130EDFGT For Observing Only? new [Re: Peter Natscher]
      #5679194 - 02/14/13 11:07 AM

Yes, Pete, you should buy the scope, IF...

...you want/need a highly portable (including airline portable, due to its modularity) top quality, large aperture (for a refractor) scope for grab & go, general travel or similar use for which portability is a prime virtue.

Regards,

Jim

t.r.
Post Laureate

Reged: 02/14/08

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: AP 130EDFGT For Observing Only? new [Re: jrbarnett]
      #5679272 - 02/14/13 11:42 AM

Quote:

So I was a little ticked how they handled the Stowaways. Not sure. I would have taken one, but I think a call would have been nice

Yeah, AP has an odd track record of offerings. I did my best to get on the 180 list several years ago...No Go, said it was closed even though I showed an interest. Lo and behold, out comes the 175EDF last year and people not even on the list or showed interest in such a scope get the call?!?!? Then, back in '07 the 140 comes out, no one on the 130 list gets a call to order first...new list, get in line?!?!?! People who attended NEAF take delivery within months...I'm on the 130 list for 8 years?!?!? A friend of mine attends NEAF and signs up as the first couple folks on the RH list, he notes the names ahead of him. A high profile imager who signs up well after him gets one and my friend...still waiting! I have a couple such dealings with AP that left me scratchin' my noggin'!!! Thank God TEC has come along and offers the 110, 140, 180 and may again offer the 160 with little to no wait!

Peter Natscher
professor emeritus

Reged: 03/28/06

Loc: Central Coast California
Re: AP 130EDFGT For Observing Only? new [Re: LivingNDixie]
      #5679507 - 02/14/13 01:38 PM

I haven't been notified yet. Depends where my name is on the notification list.

Quote:

Peter,
Did you make the call to get the scope?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
32 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Scott in NC, FirstSight, panhard, star drop 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2376

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics