Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Refractors

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
schinia

Reged: 05/17/13

Loc: cape carteret,NC
Re: televue 85 ep's & accessories new [Re: Jeff Gardner]
      #5875009 - 05/21/13 12:01 AM

Jeff, there's no reason in the world to be sorry for trying to help someone.
guy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chaoscosmos
sage

Reged: 01/26/13

Loc: Mission Viejo CA
Re: televue 85 ep's & accessories new [Re: schinia]
      #5875052 - 05/21/13 12:42 AM

A Discmount DM4 would be deluxe for this scope, but they're a little expensive. I have the DM6 with Discmount ash tripod and extension for my TV 101 and it's a beautiful set up. Silky smooth.

I have 8 and 13mm Ethos eyepieces, probably going to add a 21, and they are likewise expensive but wonderful. 31 Nagler in dark skies is also a dream. I use a 3.5 Nagler on planets.

Edited by chaoscosmos (05/21/13 12:44 AM)

Panotaker
sage

Reged: 09/12/03

Loc: Austin, Texas
Re: televue 85 ep's & accessories new [Re: Jeff Gardner]
      #5875362 - 05/21/13 09:19 AM

I have had a televue 85 for around 10 years. I have used it in all kinds of mounts, from piggybacking it on an SCT, to a photo tripod. Right now I use it on a Gibraltar 5 mount. I use the same mount for my NP-101. I have digital setting circles on it, so I don't even have a finder on it. I just use a green laser pointer as a finder. I shine it straight into the eyepiece to get my two alignment stars. My favorite eyepieces for it are, a 24 pan, 13mm Nagler and the Nagler zoom, or the first two eyepieces with a powermate. I'm not a big fan of the televue 2 speed focuser, so I have a feather touch 2 speed focuser on mine. It works great, and it looks a lot better than the one televue makes. Unless you got tons of money, I wouldn't buy a new TV 85, there are plenty of used ones for sale that are just as good for half the money. They pretty much last for ever.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
20 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Scott in NC, FirstSight, panhard, star drop 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 882

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics