Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Clubs and Star Parties

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
Spaced
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/01/05

Loc: Tacoma, Washington, USA
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: Sky Captain]
      #5176176 - 04/16/12 10:52 PM

Don't forget to tip the maid when she turns back the sheets for you, and we re-use those mints on the pillow, so please don't suck 'em.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stacy
Star Partyer

Reged: 09/15/02

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: Spaced]
      #5176263 - 04/16/12 11:54 PM

I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier?I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier? thread nameaI need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier?I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier? thread namesake?

Stacy
Star Partyer

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: Stacy]
      #5176268 - 04/16/12 11:58 PM

*BLEEP*? my tablet does that sometimes oh well..... u get the idea...t

Edited by Stacy (04/17/12 06:57 PM)

rwiederrich
Goldfinger

Reged: 11/17/05

Loc: Always Dark skies of Belfair W...
      #5176412 - 04/17/12 03:12 AM

Quote:

I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier?I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier? thread nameaI need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier?I need a vacation. what's up for the may new moon? any ideas? anybody? mike will be out of town. rainier? thread namesake?

Stacy...sounding like a broken record.

I don't know what the weather will be like...and I stopped reading the future years ago..but.. I can only assume I will have the OB open on that Friday night.....Sounds good for me.

Rob

zerro1
Postmaster

Reged: 08/02/09

Loc: Smokey Point , 48.12°N 122.25...
      #5176739 - 04/17/12 10:55 AM

Quote:

actually the feeling came through quite well... "CABIN FEVER" >Let me the *BLEEP* out-a-here

I'm feeling it tooooooooooo!

Sean Puett
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/06/10

Loc: always cloudy, washington
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: zerro1]
      #5176777 - 04/17/12 11:21 AM

Rainier could be fun. What about this weekend? Is it going to be nice anywhere? I only have my car right now because my truck has a bad u joint and i am having a hard time getting my father in law's mechanic friend to come out. I can fix it, i was just hoping i wouldn't have to. Anyway, i can make it somewhere in my car but no big scope since i can only fit one in my car. I will try to get the guy out before this weekend.

I totally relate with that crazy post Stacy and want to go to dark skies very soon. I wouldn't mind going back to sunrise or to Bill's yurt or Rob's. Anyone else have an idea? throw it out. Lets go somewhere. What about high elevation places? Are there any good observing spots high up in a dark area?
I am going to call the guy about my truck right now.

rwiederrich
Goldfinger

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: zerro1]
      #5176809 - 04/17/12 11:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

actually the feeling came through quite well... "CABIN FEVER" >Let me the *BLEEP* out-a-here

I'm feeling it tooooooooooo!

Did anyone happen to view last night? It was clear as a bell. I took the night off... my aching body......

It had better clear up good soon...Mars is making its way across the sky to fast..Jupiters gone too. I have boyscouts who want to see Mars and Saturn so they can earn a science badge......

SteveG
Post Laureate

Reged: 09/27/06

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: rwiederrich]
      #5177240 - 04/17/12 04:01 PM

Me too Stacy. I'm trying to keep May open & hoping for good weather

Stacy
Star Partyer

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 new [Re: SteveG]
      #5177532 - 04/17/12 07:32 PM

Lol, yeah. That tablet has some quirks when posting to CN. It looked quite odd but coincidentally appropriate so I left it.

May new moon is the 20th. Like to do a long weekend somewhere dark! I would take the 18th (Friday) off and head out Thurs. night. Eastern WA is usually warmer and clearer....

Sean Puett
Carpal Tunnel

#5177816 - 04/17/12 11:53 PM

Sounds good. I am taking my truck in tomorrow. It will be ready for the weekend. Then i can pack both scopes and bedding. Are you thinking about table mountain?

Stacy
Star Partyer

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Sean Puett]
      #5178389 - 04/18/12 12:25 PM

Table mountain is not likely for may. Probably still buried in snow. Was looking around the 3,000 foot level. Thought I found a good place but it turned out to be a nudist camp. Another place was some kind of square dancing retreat. Neither seemed like a great option lol.

StephAdministrator
Texas Wildflower

Reged: 06/11/05

Loc: North Texas
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Stacy]
      #5178410 - 04/18/12 12:37 PM

::sticks head in::

Hi to all my PNW friends that I haven't talked to in FOREVER!!

Hope you're all doing well with your cabin fever.... Hope more viewing opportunities come your way soon.

Hugs and kisses,
Steph

Dragonwatcher
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/21/08

Loc: Coupeville, WA
      #5178444 - 04/18/12 12:54 PM

Quote:

Thought I found a good place but it turned out to be a nudist camp.

We have telescopes and binoculars. I say August or July on the adjacent property would be fine.

Stacy
Star Partyer

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Dragonwatcher]
      #5178499 - 04/18/12 01:17 PM

Ha Ha Jackie, However "Nudist" does not always equal "Attractive" lol. Certainly not in my case anyway. Now get out your mental image erasers!

Sean heads up! Nice set of rotating rings for your 8" newt on another site at a great price. I'd jump on it but no longer have a beefy enough mount for my newt. I'll send you a PM as well.

Stacy

Stacy
Star Partyer

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Steph]
      #5178500 - 04/18/12 01:18 PM

Quote:

Hope you're all doing well with your cabin fever.... Hope more viewing opportunities come your way soon.

Hugs and kisses,
Steph

Hi!!! How's the viewing in Texas these days?

rwiederrich
Goldfinger

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Steph]
      #5178972 - 04/18/12 05:39 PM

Quote:

Hugs and kisses,
Steph

Good Night Nurse! Steph..it's been forever.....how u iz?

Rob

StephAdministrator
Texas Wildflower

Reged: 06/11/05

Loc: North Texas
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: rwiederrich]
      #5179252 - 04/18/12 08:23 PM

Well, the viewing in Texas for me anyway hasn't been too good -- between health issues that cropped up last summer and weather, I haven't been stargazing much other than just craning up my head a little to make sure some stars are still up there. And a couple of planets. And the moon. Often it's just clouds though. I did wander out to get the mail the other night...er, wee-hour-morning about 4am and saw Scorpio riding nicely with a touch of Milky Way, so that was nice.

As for the aforementioned health issues, well, I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say 2011 was not my year. Liver disease *and* bum shoulders in one year is just not fair! Still rehabbing from surgery on one shoulder at the end of the year, still need surgery on the other one but that won't be for a few months probably.

So how's everyone here been? Better, I hope?

Sean Puett
Carpal Tunnel

#5179946 - 04/19/12 09:58 AM

Quote:

Ha Ha Jackie, However "Nudist" does not always equal "Attractive" lol. Certainly not in my case anyway. Now get out your mental image erasers!

Sean heads up! Nice set of rotating rings for your 8" newt on another site at a great price. I'd jump on it but no longer have a beefy enough mount for my newt. I'll send you a PM as well.

Stacy

I am thinking of a binocular telescope instead now. The new mount can definitely handle it and i have a whole new appreciation for binoculars after the other night. I am not going to impulse buy though. I have some house and vehicle maintenance i need to pay for first.

Nudists, when i have seen them on tv, tend to look like me naked so i am not for that trip. What about east on highway 2? Bill says his place is very dark so maybe there is a place near fish lake or lake wenatchee.

Spaced
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/01/05

Loc: Tacoma, Washington, USA
Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Sean Puett]
      #5180028 - 04/19/12 10:57 AM

Stacy, your tablet is a terrific editor . . . give it a raise!

Quote:

Rainier could be fun.

I don't know where on Rainier you're thinking, but the Sunrise road will be closed from the White River campground turnoff, if not at the main gate. I'm guessing streetlights would be a problem at Paradise parking lot (don't know for sure), not to mention Puget Sound basin light pollution, which is blocked by the mountain at Sunrise.

Steph, I'm sorry you've been so miserable! This'll be a better year.

I'll be headed down Texas way w/ scope in trailer in May! I'll wave as we go by on our way to Big Bend N.P.

Sean Puett
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Pacific NW Mt St Helens EternaThread Pt 6 [Re: Spaced]
      #5180655 - 04/19/12 06:26 PM

I didn't think about snow.... Thanks Mike.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zjc26138, darklighteditor 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 69488

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics