Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Reged: 04/20/08

Loc: beachwood ohio
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: laddius1]
      #3743634 - 04/13/10 09:40 PM

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Fred1
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/19/07

Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Scott Rose]
      #3743815 - 04/13/10 11:19 PM

Quote:

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

Note that Alan posted that Steve is supposed to be at the iOptron booth at NEAF, so apparently a relationship still exists between them. Perhaps you should call iOptron to see if they can help. If Steve got your money and placed the order for the mount, maybe iOptron can ship it to you.

Wes James
Postmaster

Reged: 04/12/06

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Fred1]
      #3744665 - 04/14/10 12:54 PM

Guys-
Things are getting back on track with Trapezium. If you have an outstanding order- and you've not been contacted or PM'd, please send me a PM with your details.
Wes

laddius1

Reged: 12/07/09

Loc: Sparks, NV
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Wes James]
      #3745003 - 04/14/10 03:44 PM

Wes
I e-mailed you to the address you gave me in the PM.

Thanks

Wes James
Postmaster

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: laddius1]
      #3745113 - 04/14/10 04:41 PM

Great-
Will get it when I get off work.
Wes

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/10/09

Loc: Lomita, CA
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Wes James]
      #3755649 - 04/19/10 11:26 PM

Ugh.... this is all unacceptable. No internet? No cell phone? Day job? Move? Family problems?

Read between the lines people.

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 02/28/09

Loc: Bogart, Ga USA
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #3756121 - 04/20/10 08:34 AM

I guess the question would be.... Did Steve show up for NEAF as announced and if so did anyone get the story on when/if he will make good on all the folks whose money/equipment he has?

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: GShaffer]
      #3756224 - 04/20/10 09:25 AM

Great question

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Scott Rose]
      #3756382 - 04/20/10 10:51 AM

My question would be if he had the time and money to go to NEAF why wouldn't he instead use the time to take care of some of his customers instead?

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #3756480 - 04/20/10 11:33 AM

I seriously doubt he was at NEAF.....otherwise there would already be some sort of info flowing about it....

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

#3756592 - 04/20/10 12:25 PM

Just did a drive by on the yahoo mini-tower forum and Steve is alive and well, and posting and working on the backlog. From what is being said I would project all the current outstanding issues should be taken care of within a couple weeks. (Posts say by the end of the month).

Having had a couple lengthy conversations with Steve in the past I would have been surprised if he truely dissappeared....

Wes James
Postmaster

#3756737 - 04/20/10 01:32 PM

All current backorders are being worked/resolved.
Wes

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/13/07

Loc: Carmel, NY
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? [Re: GShaffer]
      #3756924 - 04/20/10 02:44 PM

I was at neaf on saturday and stopped by the IOPtron booth, he was not there and they didnt expect him. What gets me is a few guys here on CN are all ready to bash thsi guy who is in a middle of moving his company to a different state which includes a whole machine shop by himself and his son, finding a good day job cause lord knows the astronomy biz does not allow for enough sales and profit for a small biz to survive plus this guy offers a service on these mounts that nobody else does right now and he's good at it. Way to many in this hobby want everything yesterday well if you want above average performance on a stock mount rebuilt to exacting specs for a more than fare price give the man a chance I am sure he will take care of your need in time. I have nothing to do with steve's company but I have met the man and bought from him in the past, he doesnt strike me as a fly by night guy.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? [Re: skyjim]
      #3757065 - 04/20/10 03:48 PM

To the contrary, I did not hear any bashing. What I heard is a bunch of people who paid upfront for products that were promised and not delivered. No information on moving and what to expect was given to the customers prior to moving, so all these people had no idea what was going. Emails and phone calles were not answered. I can fully understand their point of view. I amm sure Steve is a great guy, but business is business, and one has to conduct themselves in a certain manner. THe main thing is that Steve is getting back on his feet and fulfilling his obligations to his customers.

Edited by Scott Rose (04/20/10 04:14 PM)

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? [Re: Scott Rose]
      #3757372 - 04/20/10 05:56 PM

Ugh.... this is all unacceptable. No internet? No cell phone? Day job? Move? Family problems?

Oh I didnt know this was not bashing, sorry Scott, in my book or here in NY this might be considered something like that but each to his own.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#3757425 - 04/20/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Oh I didnt know this was not bashing, sorry Scott, in my book or here in NY this might be considered something like that but each to his own.

Scuze me? I was not bashing. That was me you were quoting BTW. I was merely reading through the threads and posted my opinions. Been in the market for a MT for quite some time now and read all of the MT threads with great interest. AND I was a little dumbfounded when reading about so many people having so many problems. I read a litany of excuses and not one single excuse was justified IMO. If I paid for something months ago and could not get an update I would be LIVID and then you would really see some bashing.

I stand by what I said. The service that some have apparently recieved is COMPLETELY unacceptable IMHO. Maybe if this had happened to you Skyjim you would feel differently? I suspect you would.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #3757543 - 04/20/10 07:46 PM

Ed, I completely agree. PM Sent

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #3757892 - 04/20/10 11:08 PM

You must be from Brooklyn!EdtheEdge fits you to a tee!

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3757906 - 04/20/10 11:18 PM

First off there is a way of handling things and there is a way of mud slinging which doesnt really put you in the right but may make you feel better. I have seen Steve posts on here as of late but not in the vendors forum, I think it was in the Mounts forum and many of you who have his CN screen name I am sure have tried to contact him but if your really want to cancel an order and it was placed on a CC you sould be able to do so with the company your CC is with. Some who want the mount the way he rebuilds it will waite till he sets up his shop some will not but what I am surprised of is Ed you dont even have an order placed with the guy and your blowing your horn..I hope this makes you feel really good tonight..

BajaPaco
sage

Reged: 10/30/09

Loc: Baja California, Mexico
      #3758453 - 04/21/10 10:17 AM

I am not an expert on soap operas - but this could be a new script for one. The CN posters seem to be divided into two groups, those in support of the owner of Trapezium Telescopes and those in opposition to his current business practices.

In the group in opposition there are at least two customers that say they have paid for products and services from the company and have received no contact regarding their orders. These people would seem to be justified in trying to get assistance in finding out what is happening to the Company, their order and their money.

The other group in support of Company or at least the owner appears to be trying to shed a different light on the situation, explaining to the best of their ability what the circumstances are and what is or may be happening to the Company. Some in this group have offered to intervene if those customers with problems would PM them. Which seems like a kind and gracious hand in support of both the Company and the customers.

This all begs some questions:

1) Since this is a Vendors Forum, and presumably one well known enough that Trapezium could reach many of it's customers through these channels, why hasn't the Company placed an announcement regarding their current circumstances and responded to the questions pertaining to them?

2) The customers have been given at least two options in this thread alone, one is try the Yahoo Trapezium Group, since the CN Forum is apparently not being used by the Company, the second is to PM the individual that offered to intercede on their behalf.

3) The customers have normal business options of protecting their financial interests and since I am not an attorney I will refrain from giving any advice on this subject, but several suggestions have also been made in this thread.

4) Is there any CN reader that has actual knowledge or personal contact with the owners of the Company, if so they may want to consider advising them to post an announcement that would reach the majority of their customers to advise them of the Company status and at the very least make direct contact with their customers that have placed orders and may have already paid for products or services. Without taking sides it would seem quite normal for the customer to feel cheated due to the lack of response. Unfortunately in my humble life experience people that are quite talented and capable in many respects may not always be able to take that talent to the marketplace as a successful business. After all managing a business in this world-wide economy is not the same as tuning a telescope mount.

I am not affiliated in any way with Trapezium or I-Optron but have been following this situation with great personal interest, because have been considering buying one of these mounts, especially one that was re-worked by Trapezium.

I trust I have not offended anyone with these comments, my intentions are sincere and I hope for the best for the Company and the customers. Please accept these words for what they are, one persons opinion.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8318

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics