Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Fred2010
journeyman

Reged: 03/18/10

Trapezium Telescope still around?
      #3689907 - 03/18/10 06:39 PM

Hi:
I know Stephen has moved to Florida a while ago but I ordered a Minitower mount from Trapezium about 6 months ago and I'm still waiting... No answers to emails and Stephen's voicemail is full. Is there any sign of life over there and any chance I get this mount sometimes? Thanks for any hint.
Cheers,

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
johnpd
sage

Reged: 04/13/08

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Fred2010]
      #3690867 - 03/19/10 06:17 AM

This is his post in the MiniTower Yahoo Group:

Steve would be pulling his hair out if it were long enough! This move has been the most nerve wracking mess of my life! Soon, Stephen will be joining me, with all of my shop equipment and "stuff". Once we get things set up again we will be busting our back sides to get caught up. If anyone thinks that doing all that I do is easy, then come on over and try it yourself! Also, this entire operation is not about money, it's about being passionate about astronomy and the Mini Tower and soon, the Mini Tower Pro!

All I can ask is that everyone hang on while I regroup and get my ducks in a row. Once things are again set up and operational then I/we will be going full throttle to keep pushing the envelope.

Thank to all and clear skies!

HEY! I can say that now and actually go outside and SEE a clear sky!

CS

Steve

Wes James
Postmaster

Reged: 04/12/06

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: johnpd]
      #3691087 - 03/19/10 09:21 AM

Fred-
Try emailing him at Telescopes@usa.net. PM me with your email address and other contact info and I'll see if I can get in touch with him. Also, he is a member of the Mini Tower group on Yahoo...
Don't give up, he's trying to get reestablished, and wants to take care of everyone.

Fred2010
journeyman

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Wes James]
      #3693119 - 03/20/10 05:39 AM

Hi guys,
thanks all for your help. I'll try the other email address and I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,

Fred2010
journeyman

#3700108 - 03/23/10 02:07 PM

Well well, it seems that Stephen is still on autopilot somewhere, I can't reach him at all... I hope he's fine, and if yes, I'd be happy to have fresh news about Ioptron Minitowers orders from Trapezium...

tom fletcher

Reged: 04/29/08

#3703544 - 03/24/10 10:59 PM

One of his sons told me is arrived safe and sound in florida and is a locksmith again.

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 02/28/09

Loc: Bogart, Ga USA
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: tom fletcher]
      #3704264 - 03/25/10 12:07 PM

Not sure what you mean.....are you saying he has gone back to locksmithing and is out of the Astro business?

Quote:

One of his sons told me is arrived safe and sound in florida and is a locksmith again.

Wes James
Postmaster

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: GShaffer]
      #3704384 - 03/25/10 01:02 PM

No.... His son has a huge truck loaded up with all their possesions/shop stuff/telescope stuff/furniture and is heading down to Florida to join him within the week if memory serves. Don't panic, Trapezium is alive- just in the process of relocating. Trapezium will be back in operation within a couple of weeks.
Wes

Fred2010
journeyman

#3727652 - 04/06/10 04:31 AM

Well (kinda speaking), the resounding answer is NO... I tried to reach Stephen here, by emails, phone and on the minitower group on Yahoo! to no avail, Stephen hasn't bothered to answer any of my requests.
I'm now facing the awful truth: I won't get any goods from Trapezium and I'm afraid I've lost nearly 1500 bucks in this sad story. I'd be more than happy to stand corrected, here or anywhere else.

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

#3727967 - 04/06/10 09:55 AM

I would be very surprised if that is the case.....But please keep us informed as I was planning to ship my mount to them once they were back up and running.

Gone caving
Vendor (Lunt Solar Systems, Lunt Engineering)

Reged: 04/02/07

Loc: Underground... really
      #3729128 - 04/06/10 07:17 PM

I will say that I saw that Steve will be at the iOptron booth at NEAF

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Reged: 04/20/08

Loc: beachwood ohio
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Gone caving]
      #3729435 - 04/06/10 10:21 PM

Fred, Stephen just had all his stuff delivered this past weekend. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get set up. I think by the end of the month you should have your scope. Hang tight. Scott

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/13/07

Loc: Carmel, NY
      #3729522 - 04/06/10 11:03 PM

I think you should be hearing from Steve soon, I know when I bought my IOPtron MC152 he was busy with family issues in florida and that was back between october/november so I think that might have spured his move down south. Hang tight.

Fred2010
journeyman

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: skyjim]
      #3729741 - 04/07/10 02:42 AM

Yes, thank you, I saw a message on Yahoo! group. However, yetvno direct news and I find really puzzling not to have a decent voicemail when running even the smallest shop. I keep my fingers crossed, the story isn't over yet.

Wes James
Postmaster

#3729835 - 04/07/10 05:39 AM

Fred-
He's trying to get in touch with people like you... last night, he was fighting internet problems with AT&T. I can tell you from personal experience that can be frustrating. He's working to get in touch with people, his son is there and setting up the machine shop singlehandedly (Steve has a day job as a locksmith- working 6 days a week/overtime every day)... they expect to be up and running again soon.
Steve will NOT take your money and run.. that is NOT who he is. BTW, he is no longer on C/N...
Wes

Fred2010
journeyman

#3737957 - 04/11/10 08:28 AM

Wes:
I'd love to share your optimism, but nothing so far from Trapezium... Weird, isn't it?

laddius1

Reged: 12/07/09

Loc: Sparks, NV
      #3741148 - 04/12/10 06:55 PM

I heard from him last month that he lost his cell phone. I have received the random e-mail here and there but it can take a week to get a reply. I'm in a similar situation as you, been waiting for a refund from him since January 25th.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: laddius1]
      #3741204 - 04/12/10 07:23 PM

Laddius, why are you getting a refund. Dont want the mount anymore?
I too have been waiting since january.

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Scott Rose]
      #3742318 - 04/13/10 10:42 AM

This is starting to sound not so good.....I sure hope it turns out well for all....

laddius1

#3742333 - 04/13/10 10:50 AM

I changed my mind about the mount due to buying a new car and have been waiting ever since to get my money back. He pretty much turned me into a lender since he has been living off money that isn't his.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3743634 - 04/13/10 09:40 PM

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

Fred1
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/19/07

Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur
      #3743815 - 04/13/10 11:19 PM

Quote:

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

Note that Alan posted that Steve is supposed to be at the iOptron booth at NEAF, so apparently a relationship still exists between them. Perhaps you should call iOptron to see if they can help. If Steve got your money and placed the order for the mount, maybe iOptron can ship it to you.

Wes James
Postmaster

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Fred1]
      #3744665 - 04/14/10 12:54 PM

Guys-
Things are getting back on track with Trapezium. If you have an outstanding order- and you've not been contacted or PM'd, please send me a PM with your details.
Wes

laddius1

#3745003 - 04/14/10 03:44 PM

Wes
I e-mailed you to the address you gave me in the PM.

Thanks

Wes James
Postmaster

#3745113 - 04/14/10 04:41 PM

Great-
Will get it when I get off work.
Wes

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/10/09

Loc: Lomita, CA
      #3755649 - 04/19/10 11:26 PM

Ugh.... this is all unacceptable. No internet? No cell phone? Day job? Move? Family problems?

Read between the lines people.

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: EdTheEdge]
      #3756121 - 04/20/10 08:34 AM

I guess the question would be.... Did Steve show up for NEAF as announced and if so did anyone get the story on when/if he will make good on all the folks whose money/equipment he has?

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3756224 - 04/20/10 09:25 AM

Great question

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#3756382 - 04/20/10 10:51 AM

My question would be if he had the time and money to go to NEAF why wouldn't he instead use the time to take care of some of his customers instead?

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

#3756480 - 04/20/10 11:33 AM

I seriously doubt he was at NEAF.....otherwise there would already be some sort of info flowing about it....

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

#3756592 - 04/20/10 12:25 PM

Just did a drive by on the yahoo mini-tower forum and Steve is alive and well, and posting and working on the backlog. From what is being said I would project all the current outstanding issues should be taken care of within a couple weeks. (Posts say by the end of the month).

Having had a couple lengthy conversations with Steve in the past I would have been surprised if he truely dissappeared....

Wes James
Postmaster

#3756737 - 04/20/10 01:32 PM

All current backorders are being worked/resolved.
Wes

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3756924 - 04/20/10 02:44 PM

I was at neaf on saturday and stopped by the IOPtron booth, he was not there and they didnt expect him. What gets me is a few guys here on CN are all ready to bash thsi guy who is in a middle of moving his company to a different state which includes a whole machine shop by himself and his son, finding a good day job cause lord knows the astronomy biz does not allow for enough sales and profit for a small biz to survive plus this guy offers a service on these mounts that nobody else does right now and he's good at it. Way to many in this hobby want everything yesterday well if you want above average performance on a stock mount rebuilt to exacting specs for a more than fare price give the man a chance I am sure he will take care of your need in time. I have nothing to do with steve's company but I have met the man and bought from him in the past, he doesnt strike me as a fly by night guy.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3757065 - 04/20/10 03:48 PM

To the contrary, I did not hear any bashing. What I heard is a bunch of people who paid upfront for products that were promised and not delivered. No information on moving and what to expect was given to the customers prior to moving, so all these people had no idea what was going. Emails and phone calles were not answered. I can fully understand their point of view. I amm sure Steve is a great guy, but business is business, and one has to conduct themselves in a certain manner. THe main thing is that Steve is getting back on his feet and fulfilling his obligations to his customers.

Edited by Scott Rose (04/20/10 04:14 PM)

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3757372 - 04/20/10 05:56 PM

Ugh.... this is all unacceptable. No internet? No cell phone? Day job? Move? Family problems?

Oh I didnt know this was not bashing, sorry Scott, in my book or here in NY this might be considered something like that but each to his own.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#3757425 - 04/20/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Oh I didnt know this was not bashing, sorry Scott, in my book or here in NY this might be considered something like that but each to his own.

Scuze me? I was not bashing. That was me you were quoting BTW. I was merely reading through the threads and posted my opinions. Been in the market for a MT for quite some time now and read all of the MT threads with great interest. AND I was a little dumbfounded when reading about so many people having so many problems. I read a litany of excuses and not one single excuse was justified IMO. If I paid for something months ago and could not get an update I would be LIVID and then you would really see some bashing.

I stand by what I said. The service that some have apparently recieved is COMPLETELY unacceptable IMHO. Maybe if this had happened to you Skyjim you would feel differently? I suspect you would.

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3757543 - 04/20/10 07:46 PM

Ed, I completely agree. PM Sent

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3757892 - 04/20/10 11:08 PM

You must be from Brooklyn!EdtheEdge fits you to a tee!

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3757906 - 04/20/10 11:18 PM

First off there is a way of handling things and there is a way of mud slinging which doesnt really put you in the right but may make you feel better. I have seen Steve posts on here as of late but not in the vendors forum, I think it was in the Mounts forum and many of you who have his CN screen name I am sure have tried to contact him but if your really want to cancel an order and it was placed on a CC you sould be able to do so with the company your CC is with. Some who want the mount the way he rebuilds it will waite till he sets up his shop some will not but what I am surprised of is Ed you dont even have an order placed with the guy and your blowing your horn..I hope this makes you feel really good tonight..

BajaPaco
sage

Reged: 10/30/09

Loc: Baja California, Mexico
      #3758453 - 04/21/10 10:17 AM

I am not an expert on soap operas - but this could be a new script for one. The CN posters seem to be divided into two groups, those in support of the owner of Trapezium Telescopes and those in opposition to his current business practices.

In the group in opposition there are at least two customers that say they have paid for products and services from the company and have received no contact regarding their orders. These people would seem to be justified in trying to get assistance in finding out what is happening to the Company, their order and their money.

The other group in support of Company or at least the owner appears to be trying to shed a different light on the situation, explaining to the best of their ability what the circumstances are and what is or may be happening to the Company. Some in this group have offered to intervene if those customers with problems would PM them. Which seems like a kind and gracious hand in support of both the Company and the customers.

This all begs some questions:

1) Since this is a Vendors Forum, and presumably one well known enough that Trapezium could reach many of it's customers through these channels, why hasn't the Company placed an announcement regarding their current circumstances and responded to the questions pertaining to them?

2) The customers have been given at least two options in this thread alone, one is try the Yahoo Trapezium Group, since the CN Forum is apparently not being used by the Company, the second is to PM the individual that offered to intercede on their behalf.

3) The customers have normal business options of protecting their financial interests and since I am not an attorney I will refrain from giving any advice on this subject, but several suggestions have also been made in this thread.

4) Is there any CN reader that has actual knowledge or personal contact with the owners of the Company, if so they may want to consider advising them to post an announcement that would reach the majority of their customers to advise them of the Company status and at the very least make direct contact with their customers that have placed orders and may have already paid for products or services. Without taking sides it would seem quite normal for the customer to feel cheated due to the lack of response. Unfortunately in my humble life experience people that are quite talented and capable in many respects may not always be able to take that talent to the marketplace as a successful business. After all managing a business in this world-wide economy is not the same as tuning a telescope mount.

I am not affiliated in any way with Trapezium or I-Optron but have been following this situation with great personal interest, because have been considering buying one of these mounts, especially one that was re-worked by Trapezium.

I trust I have not offended anyone with these comments, my intentions are sincere and I hope for the best for the Company and the customers. Please accept these words for what they are, one persons opinion.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: BajaPaco]
      #3758508 - 04/21/10 10:45 AM

SkyJim as a potential cust of Trapezium I am indeed very happy that I have kept abreast of the situation.

Baja I am part of neither group. I am certainly NOT anti-Trapezium. After I get my new scope (ES127) I plan on getting a MT/MT PRO and will probably order from Trapezium if they ever get it together....

Fred2010
journeyman

#3759324 - 04/21/10 04:41 PM

A quick followup to my original post and to the string of messages that followed to keep everyone posted: I'm yet to hear from Trapezium but a few individuals have offered help and support and I'm very grateful for that. However, the story isn't over yet and I keep hoping for a happy ending...

Wes James
Postmaster

#3759513 - 04/21/10 05:51 PM

I just spoke to Bob, and Steve will have your mount in his hands tomorrow. It'll be worked over the weekend- and weather permitting testing- it'll be ready to ship the first of next week. Getting it to you with all the havoc that the Icelandic volcano is creating with air transport, however- will be another matter.
Wes

BobG
Vendor-Trapezium

Reged: 01/16/08

Loc: Miramar Beach FL (Gulf Coast)
      #3759658 - 04/21/10 06:38 PM

Here is the status of Trapezium Telescopes. Trapezium is now out of business in New Hampshire. Steve Forbes has moved to Florida (down the road from me) and has applied for a FL certificate of incorporation for Trapezium. Until he gets that he can't do business in the state. Who knows when that will be. I have loaned Steve Forbes enough money to clear all back orders and start operations in Florida with a clean slate.

Steve had 5 back ordered Mini Towers that need to be converted into Turbos. I finished purchasing the last three yesterday. The first two Mini Tower Turbo conversions will occur this weekend, including the one ordered by Fred2010. The other three will be done by the end of next week then shipped.

One customer,in New Zealand ordered a Mak 152 from Trapezium last November and has been making posts on the Yahoo MT group justifiably complaining about no communication from Trapezium and no delivery. I purchased his Maksutov from iOptron and shipped it to him yesterday.

A number of folks wanted refunds for scopes, mounts knobs etc. I personally took care of them all last week. All have their money back in their wallets.

So here is where we are folks. I expect all Trapezium back orders will be in the hands of very patient customers within 2 weeks. All except Fred2010. Steve and I have got to figure out a way to get his MT Turbo, which will be done this weekend, over the volcano in iceland.

Clear skies to all,

Bob Gaskin
Miramar Beach, FL
www.gaskin-astro.org

scott4comp

Reged: 01/23/08

Loc: Boston, MA
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: BobG]
      #3759746 - 04/21/10 07:25 PM

Wow, Bob.....just...wow !

Where is that White Knight avatar.....?

Wes James
Postmaster

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: scott4comp]
      #3759807 - 04/21/10 08:04 PM

Perhaps now more of you can understand why things have been rather cryptic and seemingly secretive... Bob deserves a HUGE world of credit for his efforts.
Wes

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#3759872 - 04/21/10 08:39 PM

Quote:

Here is the status of Trapezium Telescopes. Trapezium is now out of business in New Hampshire. Steve Forbes has moved to Florida (down the road from me) and has applied for a FL certificate of incorporation for Trapezium. Until he gets that he can't do business in the state. Who knows when that will be. I have loaned Steve Forbes enough money to clear all back orders and start operations in Florida with a clean slate.

Steve had 5 back ordered Mini Towers that need to be converted into Turbos. I finished purchasing the last three yesterday. The first two Mini Tower Turbo conversions will occur this weekend, including the one ordered by Fred2010. The other three will be done by the end of next week then shipped.

One customer,in New Zealand ordered a Mak 152 from Trapezium last November and has been making posts on the Yahoo MT group justifiably complaining about no communication from Trapezium and no delivery. I purchased his Maksutov from iOptron and shipped it to him yesterday.

A number of folks wanted refunds for scopes, mounts knobs etc. I personally took care of them all last week. All have their money back in their wallets.

So here is where we are folks. I expect all Trapezium back orders will be in the hands of very patient customers within 2 weeks. All except Fred2010. Steve and I have got to figure out a way to get his MT Turbo, which will be done this weekend, over the volcano in iceland.

Clear skies to all,

Bob Gaskin
Miramar Beach, FL
www.gaskin-astro.org

BRAVO ZULU Bob!

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3760010 - 04/21/10 09:44 PM

Bob stepped in to take care of my situation also. And although I am grateful, I have mixed feelings. While I will be glad to get my mount, it is at the expense of a third party. It may sound weird, but the thrill of getting this new mount is gone considering it has put someone else financially involved. The one thing that I think was due to all of us who paid up front would have been some sort of apology from Steve. There was none. For me it was not a matter of money, but principle. And knowing that Bob loses money is a bittersweet ending to this long drawn out saga. Thank you Bob and Wes for your help.

skyjim
Carpal Tunnel

#3760014 - 04/21/10 09:47 PM

Greaat job Bob and I am sure Steve will be up and running real soon but its too funny how many were about to coment negativity twards Trapezium before you posted this and now they change there tune. I myself ordered a MC-152 from steve in late september and got the scope in mid november, steve at the time was between states and dealing with his mother who was ill, anyone who has dealt with an illness in the family must know it changes allot of things.
Tell Steve I hope he's doin fine and Jim from LI says hi.

Fred2010
journeyman

#3760469 - 04/22/10 02:07 AM

As it seems that my yesterday's post was not perfectly clear, I'll restate it. Bob has stepped in to take care of pending orders and other "details". I had an update from Bob yesterday: the mount has been ordered by Bob from iOptron and delivered to Trapezium where it's been converted and should be shipped soon, Icelandic volcano permitting.
Thank you Bob and Wes for your help. You've done more than an ordinary person's share and you deserve my warmest gratitude.

Wes James
Postmaster

#3760709 - 04/22/10 07:46 AM

Another tidbit of information as to why folks may have not gotten all the information or responses to posts on C/N that they would have liked to- not everybody (GASP!) are participating members on C/N- I know- that's difficult to imagine! However it's true.
Steve- the up-till-now sole owner and operator of Trapezium (as well as trying to work a real job for a living) used to be a participating member here on C/N, but no longer is... I'm not sure why. And if you'll note, Bob Gaskin has a grand total of 2 posts on here now... in other words, he's new here. He finally came on simply to clarify what has been going on. (BTW, You folks should check out his website- he's a very interesting guy!)
Hopefully, this will somewhat explain why I have been acting as an intermediary, posting updates/status and info here on C/N.
Wes

GShaffer
Carpal Tunnel

#3762670 - 04/22/10 11:57 PM

I am very happy that those who were caught up in whatever the issue was are getting served.

That said I do have to say that no, nothing I have read so far lends any understanding whatsoever to what appears to be to be a number of folks being left holding the bag with no communication. While there may be any number of excuses for it, there are few valid reasons I can think of.

I know it gives me pause about sending my MT for upgrading..... May take some time to live this down thats for sure.

Quote:

Perhaps now more of you can understand why things have been rather cryptic and seemingly secretive... Bob deserves a HUGE world of credit for his efforts.
Wes

NW CN Mike

Reged: 05/07/10

#3792014 - 05/07/10 02:13 PM

Well, eventhough I've talked to Stephen, I still haven't seen my December order. Now that the weather is good, it's time to play in the night. I want the mount I ordered!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: NW CN Mike]
      #3794485 - 05/08/10 07:17 PM

over 4 months and my mount finally arrived, of course without the tripod. I will see if it comes monday or tuesday. It will then go on amart as I have since bought another mount because I was not sure if it would ever come.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

#3795540 - 05/09/10 01:00 PM

Quote:

over 4 months and my mount finally arrived, of course without the tripod. I will see if it comes monday or tuesday. It will then go on amart as I have since bought another mount because I was not sure if it would ever come.

Scott, I guess getting a refund is out of the question huh?

Scott Rose
professor emeritus

#3795913 - 05/09/10 04:54 PM

correct

Edited by Scott Rose (05/10/10 08:21 AM)

Fred2010
journeyman

#3834867 - 05/29/10 04:01 AM

As promised, here is the latest (and last?) update for my story: the mount finally arrived home yesterday, after a long trip from Florida to France and an even longer stay at the Customs. I got the toy in good shape, nothing's missing or damaged. I had no time to test it thoroughly but pointing and slewing is OK.
Bob deserves a huge world of credit for his efforts. Wes has a share too. Without these great guys, I believe nothing would have happened. Gents, I hope I'll have the opportunity to buy you a beer or whatever flammable drink you want!
Cheers,

bkushner
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Audubon New Jersey
      #3851157 - 06/07/10 12:53 AM

I paid for a mount upgrade in January. My mount was returned to me supposedly done. It never was, Steve has recently admitted he might not have upgraded my mount and offered a refund but like has has the past 6 months, he makes a promise and disappears. I'm suing.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: bkushner]
      #3874938 - 06/20/10 12:57 AM

Quote:

I paid for a mount upgrade in January. My mount was returned to me supposedly done. It never was, Steve has recently admitted he might not have upgraded my mount and offered a refund but like has has the past 6 months, he makes a promise and disappears. I'm suing.

Good luck in your efforts....

willbro

Reged: 07/05/10

#3904020 - 07/05/10 01:26 PM

Does anyone know the status of Trapezium and Steve Forbes since the last post (June 20, 2010)???

willbro

Fred1
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/19/07

Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur
      #3904091 - 07/05/10 02:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck in your efforts....

First, Steve is out of state so getting your summons and complaint served will be difficult and secondly, the server has to find him or his business agent to complete service.

Frankly, I'd forget litigating and call iOptron to see what they can do to help resolve the issue.

jrcrillyAdministrator
Refractor wienie no more

Reged: 04/30/03

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: Fred1]
      #3904106 - 07/05/10 02:14 PM

Quote:

First, Steve is out of state so getting your summons and complaint served will be difficult and secondly, the server has to find him or his business agent to complete service.

No need to find him. He claims on his website to be an LLC. The Secretary of State will have contact info for his statutory agent and that's all one needs.

Wes James
Postmaster

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: jrcrilly]
      #3904389 - 07/05/10 04:35 PM

I believe the refund being discussed in regards to suing has already been paid back some time ago...
Wes

DoctorNoodle
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 07/14/07

Loc: Lawn Guyland, NY
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: willbro]
      #3904472 - 07/05/10 05:23 PM

I noticed that now, when you click on the "Buy Now" link on his MiniTower page, it brings you to a page that says, "Sorry, the product was not found."

It would be nice if he at least posted some kind of message on his site. His last News entry is dated April, '09 and says, "Mini Tower Packages are coming!"

dbs

Reged: 07/09/09

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: DoctorNoodle]
      #5297284 - 07/01/12 02:51 AM

Guys, any update on this since the last post in 2010?

Is Forbes still in business?

simpleisbetter
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/18/11

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: dbs]
      #5297469 - 07/01/12 08:27 AM

Sadly, it doesn't look or sound good. I was just re-reading this post, and remembering it. He has a Facebook page as Trapezium Telescopes, but from all I could see without an account, the newest photos and activity posted are dated Mar 2011. Also, the website is down. Network Solutions & InterNIC inquiry records show he still has a valid registered sitename, DNS records, and IP Address(es); but his Nameservers, which are also his DNS servers, are offline. I've grown rusty and forgotten many of my IT skills over the last 4 years so forgot how to lookup any of the "last activity" info or such. Perhaps he's only doing business locally now out of his storefront.

Edited by simpleisbetter (07/01/12 08:37 AM)

jrcrillyAdministrator
Refractor wienie no more

Reged: 04/30/03

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: dbs]
      #5297489 - 07/01/12 08:50 AM

He trolls daily on http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LX80 . You could ask him there.

johnpd
sage

Reged: 04/13/08

Re: Trapezium Telescope still around? new [Re: jrcrilly]
      #5298864 - 07/02/12 02:55 AM

Or the MiniTower forum: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Mini_Tower/

JohnD

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
4 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8372

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics