Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
astrodevices
Vendor-Astro Devices

Reged: 10/26/07

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: NEW: Nexus - multifunctional telescope interface new [Re: tezster]
      #5465165 - 10/11/12 11:05 AM

Hello Terence,

Thank you for your comment.

I was referring to using Nexus with a motor controller like the one used on Halfhitch mounts or ServoCAT. In that case you need to use one of our utilities/applications to perform a two star alignment as SkySafari does not have a native support for Nexus.

In case of using a 'Push-To' telescope you can use SkySafari Plus/Pro for the two star alignment - in this situation Nexus does not need to calculate the drive rates and it does not calculate the current telescope coordinates (the telescope coordinates are calculated by SkySafari Plus/Pro).

A 9V battery does not last that long... It depends on the temperature and the battery type. A rechargeable NiMH 9V battery will last a couple of hours. It is certainly recommended to use an external power source like a 12V SLA/gel battery. Your 8Ah battery will last a few days powering Nexus.

Best Regards,
Serge.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rboeAdministrator

Reged: 03/16/02

Loc: Phx, AZ
Re: NEW: Nexus - multifunctional telescope interface new [Re: astrodevices]
      #5465412 - 10/11/12 01:48 PM

I'd need cables from my encoders to the Nexus for my push to dob. Can you folks supply those?

astrodevices
Vendor-Astro Devices

Re: NEW: Nexus - multifunctional telescope interface new [Re: rboe]
      #5465820 - 10/11/12 06:57 PM

Hello Ron,

Yes, the encoders cable can also be purchased together with Nexus. The cost varies from $15 to $25 depending on the type of encoders.

Please note that Nexus is using the same type of cable for encoders as SkyCommander, BBox, Argo Navis.

Best Regards,
Serge.

rboeAdministrator

Reged: 03/16/02

Loc: Phx, AZ
Re: NEW: Nexus - multifunctional telescope interface new [Re: astrodevices]
      #5466564 - 10/12/12 09:36 AM

Great! I noticed they looked like the Argo Navis (on an earlier project I made mine two discreet cables vs. your siamese). I need to get cracken on my scope rebuild so I can justify getting this device. Just got the WiFi box for my NS11 and it is the cats meow.

astrodevices
Vendor-Astro Devices

Re: NEW: Nexus - multifunctional telescope interface new [Re: rboe]
      #5573644 - 12/16/12 05:59 AM

Hello Everyone,

Nexus is now fully compatible with Android based devices. Nexus is acting as a WiFi Access Point and any WiFi enabled device can connect to Nexus. There is no need to jailbrake/root the device. Nexus works with Android based devices as easy as with iOS based devices.

To celebrate the festive season the price of Nexus has also been reduced by $50.

Best Regards,
Serge.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
5 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4182

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics