Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Nuke
Galactic Traveler

Reged: 10/11/04

Help me identify these plates
      #3630739 - 02/17/10 04:25 PM

I got these two as part of a deal. I don't need them and want to evaluate their cost so I can put them for sale.I don't know who made these but they are certainly not homemade. Any ideas how much can I reasonably ask for them?

http://www.astronuke.com/a.jpg

http://www.astronuke.com/b.jpg

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gnowellsct
Postmaster

Reged: 06/24/09

Re: Help me identify these plates new [Re: Nuke]
      #3631640 - 02/18/10 12:15 AM

Measure the thicknesses. If they are 1/2 inch or less go to ADM web site and price there, trying to match equivalently with length and width. If they are over 1/2 inch go to the Losmandy web site and price there. I just got a 9.25 dovetail plate which is .7 inch thick which is pretty thick in this biz. It was $75 including shipping. buyers will want to know the diameter sand spacing of the wholes so it's smart to post pics with a ruler in them. Losmandy options tend to run .6 to .7 inches, I think a few are .5. Other vendors offer lower price options but not everyone realizes that the thickness is part of the value paid for in terms of rigidity etc. Other vendors of these kinds of things include Casady and also BTT in FL.

Greg N

Edited by gnowellsct (02/18/10 12:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
7 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 322

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics