Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Islandwatcher
sage

Reged: 11/12/09

Loc: Wales,U.k.
How do I autoguide an NEQ6 Pro mount?
      #3735303 - 04/09/10 05:36 PM

I have recently changed my imaging set-up. I was using a fork-mounted LX200 10" on a wedge as the guide scope with an 80mm refractor as the imaging scope. This was connected as follows...DSI ll as guide camera on the lX200 was connected to my laptop..running PHD guiding. I then had my imaging camera (Atik 314L) on the 80mm refractor.The laptop was connected via a USB port to a Keyspan USB-to-serial adaptor into a RS232 port on the LX200 control panel.
This set-up worked ,but does not work with the NEQ6Pro set-up.Why not??
My new set-up is similar to the above but I now have an EQ6 Pro mount. I have downloaded the ASCOM driver for the Synta Skywatcher mount,but when I try to get PHD to work it says "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Can anyone help me overcome this problem??
Thank you.
Steve

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

Re: How do I autoguide an NEQ6 Pro mount? new [Re: Islandwatcher]
      #3735349 - 04/09/10 05:59 PM

Quote:

I have recently changed my imaging set-up. I was using a fork-mounted LX200 10" on a wedge as the guide scope with an 80mm refractor as the imaging scope. This was connected as follows...DSI ll as guide camera on the lX200 was connected to my laptop..running PHD guiding. I then had my imaging camera (Atik 314L) on the 80mm refractor.The laptop was connected via a USB port to a Keyspan USB-to-serial adaptor into a RS232 port on the LX200 control panel.
This set-up worked ,but does not work with the NEQ6Pro set-up.Why not??
My new set-up is similar to the above but I now have an EQ6 Pro mount. I have downloaded the ASCOM driver for the Synta Skywatcher mount,but when I try to get PHD to work it says "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Can anyone help me overcome this problem??
Thank you.
Steve

Try using the driver for the Celestron NexStar 8i.

Islandwatcher
sage

Re: How do I autoguide an NEQ6 Pro mount? new [Re: rmollise]
      #3735429 - 04/09/10 06:42 PM

Hi Rod..Yes I've downloaded the Celestron ASCOM driver and when I click on the properties tab in PHD it acknowledges that "Synta/Skywatcher Mount" has been selected.....but comes up with "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Steve

rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

#3736278 - 04/10/10 09:00 AM

Quote:

Hi Rod..Yes I've downloaded the Celestron ASCOM driver and when I click on the properties tab in PHD it acknowledges that "Synta/Skywatcher Mount" has been selected.....but comes up with "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Steve

Seems like I've heard of this problem before, but can't remember the details. Were I you, I'd hop over to the EQ6 Yahoogroup and ask there...I'm guessing you'll get an answer right away.

Islandwatcher
sage

Re: How do I autoguide an NEQ6 Pro mount? new [Re: rmollise]
      #3738274 - 04/11/10 12:03 PM

Thanks Rod..tried the EQ6 Yahoo group and got there in the end. The main difference is that with the EQ6 set up the laptop connects to the handset and not directly to the mount...hadn't quite picked that up from the manual.
Thanks...
Steve

neptun2
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/04/07

Loc: Bulgaria
      #3739874 - 04/12/10 08:08 AM

You can also try eqmod in combination with pc direct mode from the hand controller.

Pages: 1

Extra information
15 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1293

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics