Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
hfjacinto
I think he's got it!

Reged: 01/12/09

Loc: Land of clouds and LP
No response 17 on ASGT Mount
      #3788478 - 05/05/10 07:06 PM

Last night while slewing I got a no response 17 which according to Celestron is no response from the DEC Motor. Its not the battery, because after I powered down, it went right back to work. The only thing I did was pull on the had controller, but it was still connected. It wasn't loose at all.

Any thing else I can check?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gregk
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/19/06

Loc: San Tan Valley, Az,
Re: No response 17 on ASGT Mount new [Re: hfjacinto]
      #3788570 - 05/05/10 07:51 PM

Dec Cable ? Maybe Power aThat Center Pin connector for the AC adapter may need to be spread...Maybe the ground connection also check it There is a spring loaded clip that pushes the outer part of the AC adpater plug snug to the outer part of the ground connection.

There is a description of this very problem on celestron site...ERROR 17

I have a spare DEC cable that attaches (Normally) from my GPUSB adpater to the ST 4 port for guiding I'll sue that calbe as a debugging cable

Greg

Edited by Gregk (05/05/10 07:55 PM)

Javier
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/03/09

Loc: New Jersey
Re: No response 17 on ASGT Mount new [Re: Gregk]
      #3788792 - 05/05/10 10:21 PM

Helder,

The same thing happened to me this past winter. My problem was that the ribbon cable that connects to the DEC motor was slightly off the circuit board connectors. When the mount would slew to certain positions it would stop working and I would get an error 17. This was especially apparent during the winter when the ribbon cable would shrink just slightly.

If the mount is out of warranty or you are brave, you may want to very carefully open the plastic mount housing and re-seat ribbon cables and perhaps use a small amount of electrical tape to hold the ribbon cable connectors to the circuit board. Once I did that my error 17 issues went away. If you want we can hookup and I'll help you do it.

Jav

Pages: 1

Extra information
7 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 592

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics