Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
BillP
Postmaster

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Vienna, VA
Re: Collage of mars sketches new [Re: Kris.]
      #3858985 - 06/11/10 11:35 AM

Kris,

Absolutely beautiful and also an excellently documented piece of history you've done!!!

-Bill

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Special Ed
Postmaster

Reged: 05/18/03

Loc: Greenbrier Co., WV 38N, 80W
Re: Collage of mars sketches new [Re: BillP]
      #3859315 - 06/11/10 03:02 PM

Kris,

Those three apparitions are an amazing body of work and reflect a great deal of effort.

I think I'm safe saying that everyone here on the Sketching forum is proud of you.

frank5817
Postmaster

Reged: 06/13/06

Loc: Illinois
Re: Collage of mars sketches new [Re: Special Ed]
      #3859323 - 06/11/10 03:06 PM

Kris,

Yes, what Michael said.

Frank

BillP
Postmaster

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Vienna, VA
Re: Collage of mars sketches new [Re: frank5817]
      #3859408 - 06/11/10 04:01 PM

Kris,

Definitely send your sketch to Dr Richard McKim at the British Astronomical Association for them to include it in their archives. He told me he would very much welcome planetary sketching contributions and his specialty there is Mars sketches. They do require a person's real name FYI and the city/country where they live to accept a sketch, so no online handles. His email is: richardmckim@btinternet.com. He told me to pass along that he will welcome all sketches from CN members.

Kris.
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/16/04

Loc: Belgium
Re: Collage of mars sketches new [Re: BillP]
      #3859502 - 06/11/10 05:16 PM

i probably would not have been so busy sketching mars if it wasn't for this sketching forum and it's members. comparing and supporting other's work and spurring each other on is fun, and necessary to learn and see more.

i may be wrong but i've got the impression that there has been a surge in the amount of sketchers here over the last 4 or 5 years. this pleases me a lot, ccd's are absolutely great but there's something special in drawing behind the scope.

too bad we're scattered around the globe, it'd be great to see the paper sketches and meet the people behind them. luckily i've met Jef already, Belgium is small enough for that

Bill: i'll send it to richard McKim. it's funny .that i've learned a lot from a book from his hand (mars observers guide) and would now send a sketch

similar for Jeffrey Beish, it's nice to have him on the forum, i learned a huge deal from his book on observing mars.

cpl43uk
sage

Reged: 02/09/08

Loc: Bristol, UK
Re: Collage of mars sketches [Re: Kris.]
      #3859661 - 06/11/10 07:01 PM

totally blown away by this - and the effort it implies. One of the best ideas I have seen on the forum. Simply wonderful.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2330

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics