Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
DoctorNoodle
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 07/14/07

Loc: Lawn Guyland, NY
iOptron Customer Service
      #3932174 - 07/19/10 09:55 PM

Today was the final day of my dealings with iOptron's Customer Service. My MiniTower was returned to my doorstep via UPS this morning.

Last month, I started having problems with the MiniTower that came to a conclusion when the mount failed completely on July 2nd. I got in touch with iOptron by both email and voicemail, knowing I wouldn't get any response until after the holiday weekend.

On July 5th, I received an email request for further details of my issue. The following day, I received another email stating that an RMA was in order. Two days later, I received a phone call from an iOptron rep with instructions for sending the mount back to their headquarters outside of Boston. I got the mount back in working order a week to the day that I shipped it out.

In all, it was a positive experience. The feeling I got was that they were really concerned about my satisfaction with their product and getting my issue corrected. I'm also pleased with the speed with which they handled my issue.

If anything, I would have liked some communication from them once they had my MiniTower, possibly word on the problem and fix and maybe a return shipping notice. Given their efficiency in fixing and returning the mount, though, I'm willing to give them a pass on that.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stew57
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/03/09

Loc: Silsbee Texas
Re: iOptron Customer Service new [Re: DoctorNoodle]
      #3932204 - 07/19/10 10:07 PM

Now that is what service should be. Some of the others should be on notice. You know who you are!

panhard
It's All Good

Reged: 01/20/08

Loc: Markham Ontario Canada
Re: iOptron Customer Service new [Re: Stew57]
      #3932382 - 07/19/10 11:21 PM

I am glad to hear you had good results. I have had similar results with another manufacturer. It seems like we both have found people and companies who are good to deal with. My sig. line will say who.

nemo129
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/03/10

Loc: WMass
Re: iOptron Customer Service new [Re: Stew57]
      #3932962 - 07/20/10 10:04 AM

Quote:

Now that is what service should be. Some of the others should be on notice. You know who you are!

Mark,
Sometimes I'm not so sure they know we are talking about them, but I know who you mean!

BobH
sage

Reged: 01/03/08

Loc: Right Coast
Re: iOptron Customer Service new [Re: DoctorNoodle]
      #3940124 - 07/23/10 07:01 PM

I think it's a *BLEEP* shoot, just like buying amature astonomy equipment to begin with.

My experience has been 180 degrees from yours. I find that they do not return voice mail messages, do not return e-mail messages, and when I do get them on the phone they say they will need to call me back and then fail to do so.

I am very dissatisfied with the Minitower and my inability to get it repaired.

Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 941

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics