Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

General Astronomy >> Beginners Forum

Pages: 1
professor emeritus

Reged: 01/03/09

Loc: England, U.K.
What is a T2 connection ?? new
      #3993414 - 08/19/10 05:09 PM

I have a binoviewer that came with all sorts of adapter things I cant exactly make out. The blurb says T2 connection is included. Is that a screw thread ? And what is such a thing usually used for ? There is also an attachent where the two parts just press together and are held together from the side by a tiny hex bolt. Maybe that ones is called a bayonet ?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 12/28/07

Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula
Re: What is a T2 connection ?? [Re: jonstarrysky]
      #3993468 - 08/19/10 05:29 PM

T2 is a metric size (M42 x 0.75) that is the "T-thread" you hear about with cameras. It's bigger than 1.25 inches, but smaller than 2 inches.

It sounds like you got a set of Baader binoviewers. They all have T2 threads of some sort and have a ton of accessories and options. I suggest you cruise around the Alpine Astro web site FMI.

The bayonet fitting should have two tiny "lips" opposite the bolt and it is used to attach the focuser adapter fitting to the nose of the Mark V binoviewer.



Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
11 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zjc26138, WOBentley, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 398

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics