Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1
rolandlinda3
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/24/06

Loc: Crozet VA 22932
Tech problem involving sketching new
      #4093088 - 10/04/10 08:49 PM

If you care to look, I have posted on the Equipment Forum...we are looking for a really small EQ platform/desk mount that will fit an 80mm refractor with a video camera, because that is the system that will project the image on a screen that we will be using to teach groups of teachers how to sketch what they see. The groups will be large (25+) and we only have a few nights for each group (about five groups in all), so having an object steady and projected becomes sort of critical. If you care to give me some ideas or take a look at the equipment forum thread for more detail, I have about 2 months to figure out what to get, get it, and test it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hbanich
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/17/05

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Re: Tech problem involving sketching new [Re: rolandlinda3]
      #4095651 - 10/05/10 11:23 PM

You might try asking this question in the Video and Electronically Assited Astronomy forum - those folks should have the expetise you're looking for. Good luck,

Howard

rolandlinda3
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/24/06

Loc: Crozet VA 22932
Re: Tech problem involving sketching [Re: hbanich]
      #4096583 - 10/06/10 12:41 PM

Most of them are on the yahoo group and I know several. No ideas so far. The problem is not the camera and the screen...it's getting an OTA on something that is small and light (less than 20#). Still looking.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 647

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics