Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Mitchell Duke
Post Laureate

Reged: 04/22/08

Loc: Georgia
CGE Hand Controller Busted?
      #4458334 - 03/18/11 04:53 PM

Well I took the scope out last night to try out the new cam, and focuser for the first time. I knew it was odd to have clear skies just after receiving the new gadgets. You guessed it the CGE hand controller is stuck in transmit data I have unplugged, and plugged in the hand controller several times, reupdated the firmware several times, and it still will not get off of the transmit data screen. Does anyone have some advice, or is the hand controller busted?

Thanks,
Mitchell

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mclewis1
Thread Killer

Reged: 02/25/06

Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
Re: CGE Hand Controller Busted? new [Re: Mitchell Duke]
      #4458346 - 03/18/11 05:03 PM

If you've been through the firmware update routine and it's still in the same mode I think it's time to have a look inside the HC. You may have a bad internal connection or a bad key, both of which can sometimes be fixed by re connecting the cables (there are a couple of flat ribbon cables that can be carefully removed and reinserted). The key pad areas can be carefully cleaned as well.

RTLR 12
Post Laureate

Reged: 12/04/08

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
Re: CGE Hand Controller Busted? new [Re: Mitchell Duke]
      #4458362 - 03/18/11 05:08 PM

If the HC stays in 'Transmit Data' mode after you have downloaded new firmware, according to Celestron it is NG.
I have not had this happen to me, but I have seen this problem explained on the Celestron's support site.

Stan

Pages: 1

Extra information
24 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 455

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics