Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Phil Cowell
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/24/07

Loc: Southern Tier NY
Re: Thinking about moving up to a G11 w/Gemini new [Re: JadeSmith]
      #4487347 - 03/31/11 05:18 PM

If you have a crimp tool, you might want to tighten down the connector on the HC. Most times that's all it takes. If you don't have one take the controller to your local electronics store and ask if they can put the connector in a crimper and tighen down on it for you. 30 seconds and hopefully problem solved.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nemo129
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/03/10

Loc: WMass
Re: Thinking about moving up to a G11 w/Gemini [Re: JadeSmith]
      #4487422 - 03/31/11 05:49 PM

Quote:

The new cable has arrived (along with a few days of rain) so we'll see if that solves the no response issue. Does anybody know if the bad crimping job on the connections is usually on the HC side or the mount side? I looked at both and I don't see anything that looks weird...

On mine it was on the RJ style connector on the end of the HC cable. You really could not tell by looking at it, but in the course of operating the mount with the cord being so short you tend to tug on it a bit and that would cause my mount to either completely reset (like I powered it off and on) or I would get the No Response 16 or 17 errors. A new HC from Celestron cured the problem.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
26 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1593

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics