Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Robert Fink

Reged: 03/01/11

Loc: California
MG2 Mount put through the test
      #4506758 - 04/09/11 11:12 AM

Last night, I mounted my SV105 and my Polarstar SCT8 on this mount. During the day I had vertically aligned them. The weight on the mount with accessories approached thirty pounds. The mount moved very smoothly to places that I pointed, and the fine tune knobs worked precisely. I went to the crescent moon and dialed up the magnification. With fine tune adjustments there was a slight vibration, but this dampened away in less than a half a second. It was incredible comparing the views. Because the seeing was not exceptional, I could not take full advantage of the SCT's higher magnification. Side by side, the better optics of my SV105 was very apparent. I found Armstrong's crater in both but the SV105 showed it much sharper. In the SCT8 there was a hint of the center obstruction as a shadow. Tonight, I will attempt to align them horizontally. They are already close. In low power the moon was in the SV105's FOV while I had it centered on SCT8.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
23 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 385

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics