Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
badaboom

Reged: 06/23/09

homemade vixen mount adapter
      #4506791 - 04/09/11 11:26 AM

i just got a C6 and wanted to use it on my vixen alt/az mount. of course it was the old style and i couldnt find any great options for converting it to accept a dovetail rail. so with that in mind and scrounging threw some old scrap steel and aluminum i had on hand i found some 1" aluminum barstock. wheels started turning and this is what i came up with.

put a bar on it to make for easier movement, i may shorted it a bit. it clamps on to the dovetail rail great. i used a 1 5/8" forstner bit to hog out most of the material and a hacksaw to cut the dovetail. cant wait for a real test run now.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Asimov
Post Laureate

Reged: 05/11/10

Re: homemade vixen mount adapter new [Re: badaboom]
      #4508772 - 04/10/11 10:32 AM

Yep, exactly what I would have done in your position. Great work, & I like people that come up with great ideas to save themselves some money. It's not rocket science & I'm not into 'pretty' I'm into 'If it works, it's good!'

Well done.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
25 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 841

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics