Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
chuck56
sage

Reged: 01/21/07

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Orion VergaGo 11 HD???????
      #4559040 - 05/03/11 12:44 PM

I've been looking for a alt-az mount and have been reading
tons of stuff about the Voyoger and the other two but don't hear too much about this mount. Goes up 63 inches and looks to have nice beefy legs not like the other three. I know it doesn't have slo-mo controls but that's not a issue for me, its how stable is the mount. It would be used for my Orion 100mm F/6 grab-n-go scope. Maybe some of you nice people who own this mount could please chime in.

Thanks,
Chuck

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Megawatt
sage

Reged: 05/02/09

Loc: Flamborough, Ontario
Re: Orion VergaGo 11 HD??????? new [Re: chuck56]
      #4559060 - 05/03/11 12:53 PM

I used one for my 120mm f/5. Worked very well. Slightly less stable on a 100mm f/9, probably due to the longer tube. It is very smooth: you can move it with one finger and it stays where you point it, except at the highest powers where you have to overshoot your target a bit because the scope will sag slightly. It is a little heavy for grab-and-go but it works for me. I'm glad I bought it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
18 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 371

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics