Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Astrojensen
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/05/08

Loc: Bornholm, Denmark
Re: Markarian's Chain widefield mosaic drawing [Re: JakeSaloranta]
      #4565537 - 05/06/11 02:47 PM

Hi Jake

Quote:

But for me, summer is time to relax and take few months away from entire hobby and focus completely on something else. One can of course take a few weeks off work and visit Canary Islands or something for some serious star gazing if the withdrawal symptom get too bad

I observe the sun intensively during summer, thus keeping the withdrawal symptoms at bay. Still, every July, when the milky way returns, I begin to observe as soon as I can see even hints of any deep-sky object, and it's always a wonderful moment to see them again, even if it's just M57 or M27. Last year, I was quite surprised to find many small, faint planetary nebulae surprisingly visible in the bright sky and I will try to make them my summer observing project.

Quote:

The little island you're on seems quite a good place to observe. Might give it a go some time, must be a lovely place!

It is. I've got good skies! Sometimes approaching mag 7, though we do suffer from the low altitude and high level of humidity. Weather is very pleasant in summer here, generally, with good daytime seeing, a bonus from being surrounded by the sea.

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2518

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics