Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Announcements and News >> Discussion of CN Articles, Reviews, and Reports

Pages: 1
Olivier Biot
Amused

Reged: 04/25/05

Loc: 51°N (Belgium)
Bushnell 6" f/8 Dob - It's better than you think
      #4949821 - 12/04/11 03:27 PM

Review of Bushnell 6" f/8 Dob - It's better than you think! Read on...

By Jim Brant.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BDS316
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/16/09

Loc: Sol 3
Re: Bushnell 6" f/8 Dob - It's better than you think new [Re: Olivier Biot]
      #4949978 - 12/04/11 05:05 PM

Our astronomy club has selected this scope for our annual young stronomers program that awards 6 inch Dobs to deserving youngsters. We bought one and tested it our and liked it. We were going to buy 5 more. Now we find that it is no longer available for purchase.

stevetaylor199
sage

Reged: 09/21/11

Loc: SE Wisconsin
Re: Bushnell 6" f/8 Dob - It's better than you think new [Re: BDS316]
      #4955327 - 12/07/11 04:29 PM

Quote:

Our astronomy club has selected this scope for our annual young stronomers program that awards 6 inch Dobs to deserving youngsters. We bought one and tested it our and liked it. We were going to buy 5 more. Now we find that it is no longer available for purchase.

That does sound disappointing. I see they have a form for submitting product requests; perhaps they'll consider restocking it.

Considering it's on the order of half the price of the 8" (GSO) Dobs, I wonder if the margins were just too thin to make it worthwhile to stock the 6". Or, perhaps Bushnell lost interest in it; I see the only offering they have now at OpticsPlanet is a 5" model I haven't seen elsewhere.

Is this 6" of Synta or GSO origins? I'm a little unclear at the moment where Sky Watcher sources its Dobs. I understand that Orion brands Synta scopes, and their XT6 Dob base doesn't look anything like that of this Bushnell. (Too bad Orion's XT6 is nearly 50% more expensive than our reviewer's Bushnell 6"!)

Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  droid 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1722

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics