Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)
Ambiorix

Reged: 05/01/11

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: APM M.Ludes]
      #5399724 - 09/02/12 02:20 PM

Ah, I should have thought of that myself, thanks for the advice Markus, I'll do as you say then. I'll buy the scope with case and as soon as it arrives at my place, I'll put it out on the street with the garbage....good advice...I hope I won't have to put the scope outside with the garbage instead of the case

No seriously, indeed the scope is the most important thing there is. I sincerely hope that these doublet scopes arrive without dust on the lenses, inside as well as outside:)

All three scopes I got from you were completely full of dust inside as well as outside! One was even so much full of dust inside you could almost not see the surface of the glass:) And that scope also had metal debris inside the tube, which I had to vacuum out. No big deal, I know, just take the lens out and give it a good clean...but still...I'd really wish, for once, receiving a scope from you without too much, if any shopdust at all! That's more important than the darn case

Edited by Ambiorix (09/02/12 02:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Reged: 05/01/03

Loc: Germany
Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: Ambiorix]
      #5404259 - 09/05/12 01:57 AM

somebody has to get the dust and metal parts from our shop and since you like it, we decited to give it always to you :-)

Ambiorix

Reged: 05/01/11

#5404284 - 09/05/12 02:50 AM

O.k., deal! Just let me know the details...working hours....money...etc .I'm shure we can work something out!

Traveler
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/19/07

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: Ambiorix]
      #5426777 - 09/18/12 06:35 AM

Markus,

Any new status about the 6" ED?

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: Traveler]
      #5427656 - 09/18/12 03:37 PM

The Apo Maker is at the Photokina in Germany, I visited them today and spoke to them today. The new 2.5" focuser is almost finished, we got a sample to test it now with heavy imaging equipment.
They have by now 4 samples , 1 looks good, on 3 others they working on alignment problems.

I told them I need a fully working sample for 10 november for the big telescope show in Tucson, Arizona, where we want to show it to the world first time

it looks like this will work.

rboeAdministrator

Reged: 03/16/02

Loc: Phx, AZ
      #5427903 - 09/18/12 05:38 PM

If the price is right, you can leave it in Tucson with me.

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: rboe]
      #5428632 - 09/19/12 01:45 AM

it will be right , below $ 4000 as promissed

see you

rboeAdministrator

Reged: 03/16/02

Loc: Phx, AZ
      #5428971 - 09/19/12 10:25 AM

Just a wee bit over my Mad Money limit. But we'll talk.

Traveler
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/19/07

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: rboe]
      #5429165 - 09/19/12 12:42 PM

Schönen dank Markus (Thanks for the update)!

WarrenS
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/04/08

Loc: Orange County New York
      #5433384 - 09/21/12 08:10 PM

Quote:

The Apo Maker is at the Photokina in Germany, I visited them today and spoke to them today. The new 2.5" focuser is almost finished, we got a sample to test it now with heavy imaging equipment.
They have by now 4 samples , 1 looks good, on 3 others they working on alignment problems.

I told them I need a fully working sample for 10 november for the big telescope show in Tucson, Arizona, where we want to show it to the world first time

One out of four samples is good, the others have alignment problems? Does not instill confidence in this particular telescope maker Markus. Is this Chinese company just starting out making telescopes?

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: WarrenS]
      #5433867 - 09/22/12 04:39 AM

Warren, tthey havve done a new design and firstt ttime evber a 6" apo and tthey reportted tthey working still on cell, so whatts tthe problem ? non, its good tthat tthey report to me tthe still need to improve before delivery

watcher
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/21/07

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: WarrenS]
      #5435159 - 09/22/12 10:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

One out of four samples is good, the others have alignment problems? Does not instill confidence in this particular telescope maker Markus. Is this Chinese company just starting out making telescopes?

Gotta remember these aren't production units. but pre-production samples. Best to get things nailed down before starting to crank them out!

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: watcher]
      #5436662 - 09/23/12 06:09 PM

Hi Joe

thats excactly what we going to do :-)

SteveG
Post Laureate

Reged: 09/27/06

Loc: Seattle, WA
      #5436969 - 09/23/12 08:57 PM

Hey Markus, do you have the weight determined for this 6" f8 scope?

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: SteveG]
      #5437532 - 09/24/12 06:47 AM

Steve

click here http://www.apm-telescopes.net/en/product.html?info=3765 and go to specs, 7.5 kg = 16.5 lbs

JS999R

Reged: 12/07/11

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: SteveG]
      #5453085 - 10/03/12 05:49 AM

Quote:

Nice - sounding good Markus! The only comment I have is a prefer a nice tapered barrel where the tube meets the focuser. It just looks a little nicer than the ones that utilize a "flat" flange. Yours shows a little bit of an angle already. I'm saving for the 6"!

I just started reading this thread, maybe this was discussed already. But, I totally agree with your visual preference of the tapered end. Not having it makes the scope look like a straight die cut, cheap looking. A good comparison is the end flange difference between the AT152 and the ES AR152. The former is flat, in fact I believe the refractor pictured on the front page of this forum is a AT152 or the CT152 (same scope, different sized focuser). I've had both scopes, currently own the AR152 and it is a much better looking and proportioned than the AT152, especially when it's equipped with the "small" 2" focuser. The CT152 has the 3" focuser so that alone helps knock down the flat rear flange.

JS999R

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: HCR32]
      #5453088 - 10/03/12 06:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have said since long before this thread started, that f/9 was probably going to be necessary to achieve the level of desired correction. Others seem to want shorter tubes, but have difficulty understanding that adequate focal length is needed to achieve decent correction...

If you don't allow sufficient focal length to achieve a higher level of correction, you may as well settle for an achromat, which at least offers low cost for it's lower level of performance...

I agree with your opinion. If people are going to influence the production of these scopes based on what mount they have at home that's going to rob us of better colour correction then, I'd say markus make the f/l what ever it needs to be to achieve best correction. I'm sure people will find a way around their mounting issues.

I agree that the mount should take a lessor determining role and I would defer to Markus and his expertise. I have used my CG5GT to push around both the CT152 and my current AR152, without any issues. The AR152 with all the implements is probably pushing high 20, close to 30 lbs, essentially well over the recommended weight for the mount. But, the CG5GT has been quite capable and for the past year still gives accurate GoTos and tracking. For visual I don't see a problem at all, not even close with the projected weight figures Markus has supplied. Warren McGuire on this forum did a review of his CT152 and that included a guider and he shared the same experience with the CG5GT as I have had.

JS999R

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: HCR32]
      #5453094 - 10/03/12 06:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have said since long before this thread started, that f/9 was probably going to be necessary to achieve the level of desired correction. Others seem to want shorter tubes, but have difficulty understanding that adequate focal length is needed to achieve decent correction...

If you don't allow sufficient focal length to achieve a higher level of correction, you may as well settle for an achromat, which at least offers low cost for it's lower level of performance...

I agree with your opinion. If people are going to influence the production of these scopes based on what mount they have at home that's going to rob us of better colour correction then, I'd say markus make the f/l what ever it needs to be to achieve best correction. I'm sure people will find a way around their mounting issues.

I agree that the mount should take a lessor determining role and I would defer to Markus and his expertise. I have used my CG5GT to push around both the CT152 and my current AR152, without any issues. The AR152 with all the implements is probably pushing 25 lbs, essentially over the recommended weight for the mount. I know Celestron claims a max carry weight of 35 lbs for the CG5, that is too optimistic. But, the CG5GT has been quite capable and for the past year, still gives accurate GoTos and tracking. For visual I don't see a problem at all, not even close with the projected weight figures Markus has supplied. Warren McGuire on this forum did a review of his CT152 and that included a guider and he shared the same experience with the CG5GT as I have had.

JS999R

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: Refractor6]
      #5453098 - 10/03/12 06:25 AM

Quote:

7kgs {15.4 lbs} is just fine on a EQ5 head as long as you have fully extended 2" STEEL LEGS, the right wider flat hub with the lower set central hole that accepts a EQ5 head and a solid long dovetail bar in place. Any other leg+hub combo/dovetail bar won't work with the scope to kill the irritating shakes, i've tried them all.

I'm riding 23 lbs on my combo with a 6" f/8 achro OTA and it's close as you'll get to rock solid for most observer's taste in the field. Only 3 secs to settle down after you touch the focuser guys.

Markus's new 6" f/8 WILL work on a lighter mount based on the provided weight if you have the right combo of things in place. Go for the next step up for sure if you don't....

Markus's est for the 152 weight of 15.4 lbs is a piece of cake for the CG5GT, as I have mentioned in an earlier post. My set up is around 25+ lbs and have not lost tracking or GoTo accuracy going on a year of use. However, with the legs fully extended the mount/tripod is full of vibration, but all this was reduced to acceptable levels when I added the Orion pier extension. Now I don't need to extend the legs since the pier is 16" tall. The added benefit is eliminating the chance of collision between the OTA and tripod at zenith, especially if your OTA is on the long side. Excellent upgrade and it looks cool besides!

APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Re: New 6" F/8 ED Doublets from APM Telescopes new [Re: JS999R]
      #5453487 - 10/03/12 12:30 PM

I read interested email exchanges on the refractor forum of my new China ED, beeing compared with others . I am wondering why nowhere in the world I can find a few reviews or open testst of such true apos.
How can that european person compare something he has never seen and nobody knows how good it really is ?

Anyway in a few days we have our first sample and in 4 weeks we shop it to the big new world in Tucson

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)

Extra information
7 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37785

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics