Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Shows & Conferences

Pages: 1
Kurt Mihalco

Reged: 04/26/08

NEAF 2012 Photos
      #5195395 - 04/28/12 06:43 PM

How about someone attending the show post some vendor photos here? I'd like to see what TEC is showing.
Thanks,
Kurt

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Starhawk
Space Ranger

Reged: 09/16/08

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Re: NEAF 2012 Photos new [Re: Kurt Mihalco]
      #5195573 - 04/28/12 09:02 PM

TEC had a reflecting astrograph and the 110 FL. He didn't even have an eyepiece along. A little odd.

-Rich

peleuba
professor emeritus

Reged: 12/01/04

Loc: Southern PA
Re: NEAF 2012 Photos new [Re: Starhawk]
      #5199810 - 05/01/12 10:09 AM

Quote:

TEC had a reflecting astrograph and the 110 FL. He didn't even have an eyepiece along. A little odd.

-Rich

I don't think its odd at all. Have you ever been to NEAF? Its indoors, in a community college field house (think basketball arena). Most of the telescopes on display do not have eyepieces.

On the back of the TEC astrograph was a FLI camera. In order to have an eyepiece on this telescope with the camera, you would need a somewhat sophisticated beam splitter and even then its doubtful it would come to focus visually. The 110FL was on a camera tripod sitting on a table.

This was TEC's first NEAF and they drove all the way from Golden CO. Yuri brought three other staff members with him. They talked to alot of people, answered a lot of questions...

It was a rather lackluster NEAF, with no big announcements. I've been to 18 of the 21 and the last several as a vendor working in the Mag1 (Portaball) booth. Along with the AP 175 the TEC astrograph was highlight of the show.

astroRoy
professor emeritus

Reged: 07/09/11

Loc: Southern Oregon
Re: NEAF 2012 Photos new [Re: peleuba]
      #5199819 - 05/01/12 10:14 AM

Here are some posted yesterday.

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5196178/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1/vc/1

Roy

jouster
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 11/27/05

Re: NEAF 2012 Photos new [Re: astroRoy]
      #5205105 - 05/04/12 08:23 AM

There was an Ethos in the TEC 180 at the Discmount stand. The views (of the RCC lights, admittedly) were terrific.

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2594

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics